94 IDI WATER/**** MUST READ

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
im getting ready to do a setup of my own im very very interested in this!

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im getting ready to do a setup of my own im very very interested in this!

Jason has added this to project 300 in Diesel Power this month, and the article has some good dyno info along with it.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a nice setup, but for $1083, I could hire midget for a year and stuff him under the hood with a squirt bottle. That's a little too rich for my blood.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hypermax wants more than that for an intercooler, so it's comparable unless you retrofit something out of a yard. Me, I'm sticking with getting what I have up to ***** before heading there, but it looks interesting.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is your opinion on water injection in an N/A application to lower egt's only??

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
I responded to the other thread today about this, but since crazy2 isn't looking there any longer and asked for an update, I'll paste it here- Water/Alcohol Injection Results
When I first installed the system I was concerned about over injecting but it seems that my concerns were unfounded. To start I used two .008" nozzles and one .012". No difference in performance or mileage was noted. Next I went to two .012's and one .008 and noticed a very modest increase in power with fith gear roll-on's at 50 to 70mph. No ill effects of any manner were observed at this level. Now, I'm running three .015" nozzles @ 70psi on a 70% water 30% isopropyl (92%) mix. The system rarely gets used around town unless I'm taking the belt around to the other side or heading out to the property, because it's spraying enough at this point to start loading up the engine at idle. I don't hit the toggle unless I'm on the highway doing at least 45mph, at that point there is sufficient rpm to properly utilize the mix. Roll on power is unmistakably increased and hard accelerations (3,4 & 5) to get up to speed on an on-ramp no longer make sweaty palms. I still don't have a pyrometer, can't justify the expense at the moment, but the reduction of EGT's has already been verified in another thread here recently. Also, I picked up about 1mpg better mileage.

As an afterthought, with pump, hoses, clamps, brass bits & plumbing, nozzles, wire & switch, I have about $250 wrapped up in it. I'll try to get some pics by tomorrow evening.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I responded to the other thread today about this, but since crazy2 isn't looking there any longer and asked for an update, I'll paste it here- Water/Alcohol Injection Results
When I first installed the system I was concerned about over injecting but it seems that my concerns were unfounded. To start I used two .008" nozzles and one .012". No difference in performance or mileage was noted. Next I went to two .012's and one .008 and noticed a very modest increase in power with fith gear roll-on's at 50 to 70mph. No ill effects of any manner were observed at this level. Now, I'm running three .015" nozzles @ 70psi on a 70% water 30% isopropyl (92%) mix. The system rarely gets used around town unless I'm taking the belt around to the other side or heading out to the property, because it's spraying enough at this point to start loading up the engine at idle. I don't hit the toggle unless I'm on the highway doing at least 45mph, at that point there is sufficient rpm to properly utilize the mix. Roll on power is unmistakably increased and hard accelerations (3,4 & 5) to get up to speed on an on-ramp no longer make sweaty palms. I still don't have a pyrometer, can't justify the expense at the moment, but the reduction of EGT's has already been verified in another thread here recently. Also, I picked up about 1mpg better mileage.

As an afterthought, with pump, hoses, clamps, brass bits & plumbing, nozzles, wire & switch, I have about $250 wrapped up in it. I'll try to get some pics by tomorrow evening.

:sorry: I've read so many threads since I signed up, I don't know if I'm coming or going.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Famous... I'm famous... me....

Nah I'm just a crazy hick that lives and dies by the rule as towkitten says

oh and I didn't exit the hobby I just got a different toy to play with....

A differant toy could mean lots of thing on this board.....:eek:

RedTruck

Reaction score
FWIW,

It was mentioned here that if the turbo is done right it won't create vacuum. My rig has a stock banks sidewinder setup with a slightly tweaked wastegate rod and psd intercooler. I have an aftermarket boost gauge that also shows vacuum.

If I'm pulling something heavy I run the rpms up pretty high before shifting gears. I can be seeing 8-10 lbs (or more sometimes) of boost before shifting. When I push the clutch in to shift gears I see a momentary deflection into the vacuum side of the gauge. To me it seems far enough to believe there could be a slight vacuum upon shifting, and not just the needle of the gauge over travelling on it's way back to zero. I've never been bothered by it, but I've never had an inclining to run water/****.

Paul