94 12v fuel issues

dieselwiezil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im a new owner of a 94 12v 2500 5sp, got about 230k on the od. Its not running, I believe the transfer pump is out. When I purchased the tank was bone dry. I added 6 gallons of diesel and tried pumping the manual pump with the ign in the KO position, but I just cant get fuel to the bleeder screw on the inj pump. While doing all of this I had the fuel tank pressurised, still noithing! I hate to start buyin abunch of parts so if yall could give me a little input it would be appreciated. Im tryin to get it running and ready to sell.

Thanks,
Jeff

dieselwiezil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it possible for the manual pump to be out too? I took the inj pump supply line off totally, so far I cant get and fues to come out the top of the filter???

dieselwiezil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it possible for the manual pump to be out too? I took the inj pump supply line off totally, so far I cant get and fues to come out the top of the filter??? I will check elec to the solenoid tomarrow.

CGriffith

Town Drunk
Reaction score
Sounds like something is plugging the line to me. The key position has nothing to do with the fuel delivery on the older trucks, it's all mechanical. When you pressurized the tank were you getting air out? Sometimes the pickup in the tank can fall off up high. Pull the inlet line off the fuel pump and see if you can get any fuel through it at all. All fuel pumps can fail. The solenoid is either on or off. As long as it's pulled up its good. You can disconect it and pull the lever up by hand or even a choke cable rigged inside the cab like some do.