93 turbo setup

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
currently looking to buy a used turbo setup for my 93 what is everyones opinion on what kind of turbo. anyone have one they are willing to sell for pretty cheap?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whichever kit you can find that you can afford.

The big three are:

1. ATS, these were the factory kits on 93 and 94.

2. Banks, this is what I have on my truck.

3. Hypermax, I have no experience with these, but lots of folks run them.

Unmodified, they will all give you about 10 psi of boost. They all work well in making these trucks do hat they were meant to do.

Buy what you can afford. Research it, and make sure you get the WHOLE kit. Nuts and bolts can be hard to find.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the #1 reason i went with used banks (the latest 2nd gen kits) on my trucks was because anything you need can be bought directly from banks and shipped to your door within the week.with commercial daily used trucks i need them to be reliable and need the parts a click or call away without any fuss.with the customer support from banks,i get just that.they are well built and designed kits as well.great quality.no hassles with engine repair access (glow plugs getting buried etc.) and they provide super response right off the line without lag.for heavy hauling,rural/stop and go driving,nothing beats a nasty,super snappy off the line quick spool up.
banks 2nd gen turbo kits for the win.i found mine used from members in the classified section.one from FTE and the other found here.any missing parts was effortless each time via a quick call to banks.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We have a member thats selling a complete factory turbo engine with a turbo, Moose pump and new Bb code injectors for $1500.00. Even Mel commented on this being a steal of a deal.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both Hypermax and Banks. Hypermax is a great company to deal with, very nice folks. I havent dealt with banks before but I've heard mixed reviews from people on their customer service, I guess everyone has there good and bad days, lord knows I have mine.
I do however feel that a wastegated turbo may be the way to go for quick spoolup and better power off the line. Both of my setups are non wastegate.
Not sure how easy it would be to get parts for the ATS setup, as they arent catering to our trucks anymore.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheap and good dont play well together.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a member thats selling a complete factory turbo engine with a turbo, Moose pump and new Bb code injectors for $1500.00. Even Mel commented on this being a steal of a deal.

That is a great deal, brand new fuel system and turbo would certainly wake up a normally aspirated truck :eek:

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had $1500 I would buy that.. If I was able to choose I would go with banks.. But does anyone have a full setup they are selling?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance