92 7.3 idi i would like to get some smoke out of my truck

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
My 93 would blow alot of smoke. It was nice for when people rode my ass and when new cummins got behind me. Other than that it was a waste of fuel an made my truck run hot pulling a trailer. Put a new injection pump on it and the little haze it blew under hard acceleration was plenty.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
First off nobody is calling you a retard. if you come on here with a snippy attitude then you won't get much help. just sayin.

as i said in a recent post about roaling coal...
if ya don't got the green, don't blow the black.

i like a little black but i don't do it to impress people. with these noisy engines, if somebody does not know that you have a diesel engine under the hood then that is there problem not yours.

these trucks need all the help they can get to get decent mpg i don't know a single person on here that would want to throw there money out the tailpipe to impress people.

and yes you can get a ticket for roalling coal.

jm2cw

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok did anyone acually help you by explaining how to crank up fuel pressure.. Thats how you "roll coal" as you guys say it, You have to turn up the IP pressure. I'm going to crank mine up a few flatts ounce it is all together... There is a thread on the forum that explains how to adjust the ip pressure, i'll see if i can find it for ya..

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rolling coal is cool for about 24hrs, then you start to wonder if you are going to get pulled over for being a gross polluter. Not recommended, unless your truck is nothing more then a toy imo.
he lives in the rest of the country where a GP law doesn't exist. that's mainly a kali thing, thanks to the treehuggers. BUT if he and his like-thinking friends persist in "roaling coal" because they can, the "there oughta be a law" folks will reward him accordingly. :dunnocookoocookoocookoo

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to highjack the thread, but how much should he or me turn the pump up.. I read like 2 flatts is common just for better performance, i was thinking id start by turning it up 2 flatts.. Also does the fuel system need re-bleed after the pump plate has been removed draining the pump??

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why on earth would you want your truck to smoke? If mine starts smokin, I am going to tear into it and find out whats wrong. I get a light puff under heavy load/acceleeration.

All these black smoke puking diesels make me sick.

IDIotbobby

Reaction score
well gunz i guess you either love it or hate it. to each is own. yah right now ill just get a few puffs under heavy accleration or when i have a load on it. i like the smoke cause where i go to school i have all of these gill billies (gangster hillbillies) in their riced out hondas that burn so much oil they look to be rolling coal. haha and they'll get six inches off your bumper, i swear, i dont have a tailgate on my truck and the get so close you cant see there headlights any more, and nothing would make me happier than for my diesel to belch some smoke onto the hood of there little car. please i must ask anyone who reads this to forgive any spelling errors. haha

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
well gunz i guess you either love it or hate it. to each is own. yah right now ill just get a few puffs under heavy accleration or when i have a load on it. i like the smoke cause where i go to school i have all of these gill billies (gangster hillbillies) in their riced out hondas that burn so much oil they look to be rolling coal. haha and they'll get six inches off your bumper, i swear, i dont have a tailgate on my truck and the get so close you cant see there headlights any more, and nothing would make me happier than for my diesel to belch some smoke onto the hood of there little car. please i must ask anyone who reads this to forgive any spelling errors. haha

i would look at train horns. 150+decibles does not go un-noticed.:sly

Or

You could fab up some rear bumber that would survive a nuclear attack and then brake check them when they ride your ass.

Or

Go James Bond on their ass and rig up a couple paintball guns that will shoot out of the rear bumber with a pushbutton trigger in the cab. when they get close you can release a couple shots.:sly

Not sure how the local 5-0 would like the last one but it is a thought.:D

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
haha and they'll get six inches off your bumper, i swear, i dont have a tailgate on my truck and the get so close you cant see there headlights any more, haha

That is when a brake check is in order because "a deer ran out in front of me"

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
That is when a brake check is in order because "a deer ran out in front of me"

Yep, b/c their car is to low and they are to close to see anything ahead of them. they can't say no to he deer crossing the road.

I don't know about where you live but around here if you get caught tailgating you can get a ticket.

IDIotbobby

Reaction score
hahaha ive got a friend with a silverado that put a crx under his truck. air horns would be a great addition. as soon as i get the truck really mechanicly sound im going to go hardcore on body work and bumpers are on the list.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.