8th Annual (2009) IDI Rally Information

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVERYONE SHOULD SEE IT ONCE, BUT I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND GOING BACK IN THAT HOLE.

Jared.......you don't think she'd like to carry a newborn two miles underground over uneven ground and up about 400 stairs..........I don't see why not.:eek::rotflmao:rotflmao

Heath

I haven't read the whole story, but I figure you are meaning Mammoth Cave; the last tour I made, maybe four years ago, when buying our tickets and filing through those locking steel rotating finger-doors, they conveniently neglected to mention that about four train-loads of over-burden had collapsed and same as buried all evidence of the old Revolutionary War saltpetre mining operations; we actually had to scramble over the loose slabs of chokingly dusty shale for quite some distance, following a winding route loosely marked off between two lengths of yellow police-tape for probably 3/4-mile, while looking overhead at even bigger sharper pointed boulders just poised to entomb us for eternity in an evening-news-making grave, and this was part of the "easy" Historic Tour that starts and ends at the natural historic mouth of the cave down in that big pit underneath the waterfall.

Being trapped within a roof-collapse fifteen-miles back in a coal-mine with a bunch of experienced hard-core miners, all equipped and experienced for such disasters is a minor inconvenience compared to the same situation amongst a bunch of screaming panicking totally un-prepared and improperly dressed soccer-moms, cheerleaders, and Sunday drunks, usually about four-hundred of them, with maybe two flashlights between the whole group.LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I haven't read the whole story, but I figure you are meaning Mammoth Cave; the last tour I made, maybe four years ago, when buying our tickets and filing through those locking steel rotating finger-doors, they conveniently neglected to mention that about four train-loads of over-burden had collapsed and same as buried all evidence of the old Revolutionary War saltpetre mining operations; we actually had to scramble over the loose slabs of chokingly dusty shale for quite some distance, following a winding route loosely marked off between two lengths of yellow police-tape for probably 3/4-mile, while looking overhead at even bigger sharper pointed boulders just poised to entomb us for eternity in an evening-news-making grave, and this was part of the "easy" Historic Tour that starts and ends at the natural historic mouth of the cave down in that big pit underneath the waterfall.

Being trapped within a roof-collapse fifteen-miles back in a coal-mine with a bunch of experienced hard-core miners, all equipped and experienced for such disasters is a minor inconvenience compared to the same situation amongst a bunch of screaming panicking totally un-prepared and improperly dressed soccer-moms, cheerleaders, and Sunday drunks, usually about four-hundred of them, with maybe two flashlights between the whole group.LOL

does this mean you arent coming:D:D:D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MNR, I'm surprised you havn't booked a site with the rally being in Kentucky this year. IIRC, you're a Kentucky boy too? I guess if you do.........you won't be coming on the Mammoth Cave tour eh?:D

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I'll be skipping Heath's show-n-tell day of work if Russ brings his 2 truckin lady friends.:eek:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to make a speculum out of two boat oars and lather it up with some good 'ol Rotella 15W40.:D You and Ron can hold my saftey line........two pulls means get me out there......one pull means more lube!:eek::puke:

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's great Russ. A guy I trained with in residency uses that name for his handle on XBOX LIVE. No one really got it but a few guys.......but freakn' funny.

Heath

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spots still available? I am planning on going but work may be sending me to Modesto, Ca then. If so I'll just cancel my reservations.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, there are RV sites and tent site available. The cabins are all full.

You can cancel as late as two weeks before and get a full refund on your deposit.

I hope you can make it.........it'd be really cool to meet you and see your truck.

Heath

sootman73

Reaction score
i noticed on my bank statement that they refunded my deposit without telling me about a week later. i didn't thin kmuch of it but maybe should cal and see if my reservations were lost...