89 F350 stereo mounting

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Pioneer AM/FM disc receiver to go in my F350, which never had a radio in it. The space where the OEM radio would go had/ has an aluminum plate screwed to it where there were lots of switches during my truck's days as a fire truck.

I used to do a lot of stereo installations, but nearly all of them were in the 'old days' where the radios were anchored primarily by the volume and tuning shafts.

What's the simplest (and least spendy) way to put a modern DIN-whatever mount radio in this vehicle?

Is there some adapter to the 89 dash opening, or would I be smarter to get a marine-type housing and hang the thing down by the ashtray location (which was taken out for the fire truck's comm. speaker)

I know I could adapt this a dozen different ways, but aim to not reinvent any wheels if any of you have suggestions of what to do or avoid.

Thanks

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
you should be able to go to your local walmart or best buy and pick up the ford dash adapter, wiring adapter and your favorite deck. everything should work fine.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should be able to go to your local walmart or best buy and pick up the ford dash adapter, wiring adapter and your favorite deck. everything should work fine.

x2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online