89 F250 LS Diff and Disk Brakes should slip right under my 86?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the DeWalt Gun back to Home Depot for a return.
No problem, no questions. refunded the Money.
Picked up the new box, paid and left.
$249 VS $319 = $75.32 in my pocket.

This is a 1/2" drive 20V Brushless part# DCF899M1
with a 4ah Battery, Charger and Bag.
This one has the ball to keep the sockets on, not the metal ring that comes off like most have. Then your Socket won`t stay on.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Those metal rings are for sockets that have a hole in the side in the drive section of them instead of a small groove in each of of the four sides. They are usually impact sockets, not chrome sockets. The grooved sockets are for the ball style of retainer that comes on hand tools and some impact tools. Those rings can be replaced when they get loose or fall off.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good to know. I did not know that.
Where would a person buy those rings?
I bought the HF Earthquake 3/8 gun a couple years ago when they had it on sale. For the most part it works ok.
It was able to remove the Lug Nuts off the f250.
Just would not budge the bolts from the Tail Shaft.

When the Ring came off went back to HF and they had no clue, even at HD same thing. I figured just a crappy design.
I have some Impact Sockets..well they are black. see what is inside them. I know chrome one`s won`t hold up long to the abuse of a gun.
heck, some HF won`t hold up to the use of a 3/8" Ratchet.

I was at PNP in Portland, Or out on hwy 99. Taking off 2 13mm nut from the Oil Filter lid on a Mercedes 300D. I hear this click click click...***? the dang socket split right down the side. this was a deep black socket, never used with a gun.

I guess best to buy 2 of everything so at least you have one that works. Guess that is why my tool bags I pack into the yards weigh more than I do....LOL

Goat

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I have the HFT electric impact, but I can power it on the side of the road with the 4000W Onan genset. I used it to do the ball joints on my F250 in 2017 with free rental ball joint tools.

It's been handy for much faster lug nut removal and installation too (start by hand a good ways, hit with impact to snug, then torque to spec).

The HFT impact sockets seem decent. None have split on me yet. I use a few for socket wrenches like for the oil pan drain plug since I don't have a chrome one in that size.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I used to get those clips from my Mac Tools dealer. I'll bet that you can find them elsewhere. I believe that someone showed them in a link quite a while back, but I an't remember where the link was from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online

No members online now.