'89 CC F350 XLT Value?

RedTruck

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a good idea of the value of a rust free '89 crew cab long box 4x4 automatic F350 XLT SRW NO ENGINE. The original 7.3 is in pieces. It has a gooseneck hitch installed, running boards, factory overloads, factory sway bars front and rear and 4.10 gears. It has been repainted since new and is supposed to be in really nice shape. It was a buddies project.

Kelly Blue Book rates it at right around $4,200 for one in decent condition.

Thanks for any help or discussion.

Paul

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with a non-running truck is you don't know what else may be wrong with it. Trans, axles, etc.

You have to figure the cost of parts and labor to replace the engine, plus deduct for the "possible unknown" bad parts.

There was a similar (CC longbed but 2wd) truck sold locally for $600, the motor had locked up. I called on it but decided I didn't want to rebuild / replace a motor.

Based on the $4200 for a "good truck" I might give $1800 to $2100 for the truck in question.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Well here gives you an idea.
My dad picked up a 94 factory turbo F350 CC 4x4 auto. Some body damage, and engine didnt run with a "oil cooler problem". Replaced the oil cooler and its still pumping oil into the water. So we chalked it up to cavitation and got a new engine for it.
My dad gave $1200 for it and it had brand new Goodyear Wrangler ATS tires on all four. He probably got it for a steal.

RedTruck

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I'm going to go check it out one of these nights. I was thinking 1500-2000. Around here the front axles/springs/pitman arm are worth right around 1700. I can see that if you were looking at it from a parts perspective 3000 would be a good deal.

If it doesn't work out for me, I may be heading to Illinois in September with a fifth wheel. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll try to snap a few pictures and get you the sellers information.

Paul

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say $1200 if all the parts are there i might go higher? but think about it needs to be put back together...:puke:

Remember my price was based on that $4200 figure. Personally I wouldn't pay that much for that truck (in good condition) and I wouldn't pay that much for one with a bad motor. But I am a deal hunter and rarely pay full market value for anything unless I NEED it right away.

When I decide to buy something it takes me weeks or months to get the right deal.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends where you're located, and how hard they are to find in your area too.
Up here in the great white north, there's no such thing as "rust free", so it's worth it's weight in gold.
Running, and in decent shape, it'd be worth more than $12,000, if you could even find one, so with the dead engine it's pro'ly worth more than6 or 7. I paid $4,000 for my '93 2 years ago with a dead 7.3, and plopped a "built" 6.9 in it, and I'm still in it for less than 8 large, and with a new engine. I figure I got a helluva deal.

Zigg :)

RedTruck

Reaction score
I talked it over with my wife. She is not on board with this rig. So last night I stopped by to let my buddy know. He had the pickup at his shop. It is REALLY nice! Straight as an arrow. No rust on the body. Interior is near perfect. ATS turbo. Really about as nice of crew cab daily driver as you're going to find. The other reason I wanted to talk to him was to let him know that there may be some interest here. He's actually reconsidering...it's really to nice of a rig to let go in my own estimation. If he decides to let it go I'll let you all know and get some pics.

Paul

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't work out for me, I may be heading to Illinois in September with a fifth wheel. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll try to snap a few pictures and get you the sellers information.

Paul

Heck yeah I'd be interested! That what I'm wanting for a DT466 repower project!;Sweet

Heath