87 f350 c/c

pauls painting

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cookoo wife says im crazy but... i found a 87 c/c 6.9 that im going to look at this week. a few ? before i look at it. 1 shes not running for some reason.2.will a 92-96 front clip bolt up to it ? the truck is supposed to be from tx so pretty much rust free so the ad says. he is asking 600 is this a good deal for a straight body? :thumbsup:

pauls painting

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet ok just got off phone with owner. he towed it in to tow yard ,said fuel line was broke in half ,assume there is air in system?? said still wont start so how do i get air out of system? also said its been sitting for awile so i need new fuel,can i remove filter fill it with ps and then try to start it??thanx for any help or ideas :hail :hail the diesel gods

Camarogenius

Reaction score
If the front clip is in decent shape, I might be interested in it. I like the looks of the 80-87 front end alot better than my 88 bug eye. If i'm not able to get it, my best freind has an 83 that he's looking for body parts for.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The IDI has two fuel lines (one fidding one return) and another 8 fuel lines t each injector :eek: I hope He's talking about the fuel line from the tank. How did that happen anyway?

To start it You can change the filter or just fill it up with some power service and run it (how long is sitting for a while? :rolleyes: ), also to bleed/prime fuel system there should be a shrader valve on the fuel filter head that You can push while cranking and let the air bleed out of the system, I'm not too sure about that year though.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Camarogenius said:
If the front clip is in decent shape, I might be interested in it. I like the looks of the 80-87 front end alot better than my 88 bug eye. If i'm not able to get it, my best freind has an 83 that he's looking for body parts for.

It's 80-86, and 87-91 bud ;Sweet

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
600 bucks is worth it for any complete diesel truck..... About a year ago I sold an 85 Crew Cab dually with a "fair" body for $2600.

Yes, the newer front clip will bolt on. The very top of the fenders where they meet the cab does not match, that can be fixed with some body filler. They don't directly interchange, so expect to do some work making brackets etc. My 85 has a 95 front clip and looks good, even with the fender tips not matching.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, that middle model front clip is butt ugly.... I would think the early clips would be hard to find not rusted out, at least up North where I'm at.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be very wary of that eBay truck. There's no reason a police impound truck would be sold without a title. Doing so is most likely illegal.

I know if I sold a car out of my storage yard without a title I'd be in trouble with the law.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,Per Ebay rules you must state no title to put anything in Parts Car catagory!If you mention it has a title then they yank it and give you a spankin.Most of the cars in that catagory actually have a title be it clean or salvage or rebuilt.Another thing,Would Texas require a title on such an old vehicle?I know georgia doesn't issue them on vehicle 10 years or older(or is it 15) and if the vehicle is 30YO you only need a Bill Of Sale in Alabama(tag reciept is your title!).

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I know ebay charges you a fee even if your car or truck doesn't sell, where as if it is a parts vehicle there is no fee. ;Really

walkerkd

Reaction score
yea texas would require you to have either a salvage or lost title. to even get reg... I actually dont think you can sell it for anything but parts in texas.