'83-'86 Trucks with Intercoolers and A/C. Need pics please........

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we move the AC condensor in front of the intercooler?
I don't think anyone's actually done it yet (although Heath plans to), but I'm planning to do exactly this when I install my IC. I figure on needing custom hoses, but in the interest of making my truck's interior into a meat locker LOL I think it'll make things much more pleasant ;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
In more moderate climates one could probably get away with it....but down in the hot states it sure would be nice for it to be out front ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, after stewing it over some more and getting Dad's experienced opinion on the subject........... I'm not going to have Jerry at Rodney Red change the radiator mounts from stock. I'll modify the rad support instead. That way, if I ever deep six the radiator, I can get a replacement stock rad to get me home. If I had to use a modified radiator, I'd be up the creek without a paddle. Still kicking around ideas on the best way to modify the support, but I'll likely cut it and add 1.5 inches to it or cut the bottom off and reweld it and move the mounting pin and brackets on the support.

I really wish I had some time this weekend to play with it, but my partner is going out of town this weekend which means I'm stuck in the county. Dad's shop is one county West of me.

Heath

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I ever redo mine I will get a smaller IC and move the condenser out front. When you need the ac the most it heats up pretty good. And why cant they make a horton fan clutch for our trucks.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my old radiator will go to Jerry at Rodney Red in the morning so he can use it as a dimentional template. He will start fabricating me a radiator and I hope to pick it up from him in a week or two. Gonna start modifying the rad support next weekend if everything goes to plan. I can't wait to see the Rodney Red radiator when it's done.

Heath