80-86 Tripple Gauge Pillar Pod

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I have a triple in my 89. It's for the 92/97 (Autometer) but it fits good. It was long and I had to shortin the bottom and then I painted it to match my interior.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
While I have a 3 gauge pillar pod it leaves much to be desired in fit - so I'd be in for one if/when you do it. Just make sure it's in plastic I can spray with the vinyl matching stuff.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I am doing the finishing touches on the part this week. I need to make sure everything is perfect before I pour the mold, or Im just throwing $400 down the toilet. Hopefully with any luck I'll be able to pour some new parts next week. I'll keep you guys posted!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,
First of all, sorry I didnt reply to your PM about these, completely forgot about you. Thanks for the links to the other forums, I'll post over there when I get them finished and get a couple ready to mail out.

I sure will, take pics, so long as my bro is around to take them while I work.
I have been trial fitting my piece today trying to get it oriented correctly. Sorry to disappoint but 3 gauges is ALL you're ever going to fit on the pillar of an 80-86 truck. The dash pad just takes up too much room. Even so the top gauge is all the way at the top of the windshield, so hopefully thats pretty normal. I dont have any pods in my 94's to compare how autometer oriented them.

I did find out though that for sure a down side to my design is that the dash pad has to be removed to install or remove the pod, since its a full replacement pillar.

Im in the works of getting a contract written up with LMC Truck, and I'll try NPD if they carry parts for these trucks as well.
I'll be sure to update you guys.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,
Still working on them. Every time I get the things mounted on the pillar piece, Im not happy with the orientation angle. Maybe Im too much of a perfectionist.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint but 3 gauges is ALL you're ever going to fit on the pillar of an 80-86 truck.

i have 5 on mine :confused:;Poke:angel::D. there all singles, cut and shaved to fit together, and yes there to the top, but i'm good with it. kudos to you for helping out the obs brethren.;Sweet. not being able to find any support for our style trucks prompted me to make my own.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I am interisted in the 3 gauge pillar mount. Not sure what i will use the 3rd hole for but maybe fuel or oil pressure or dual pyros;Sweet

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I've been working on it here and there, still not happy with it... yet. lol
I've been putting too much time into my schooling to spend a whole lot of time on the forums and on my projects. -It takes allot of work to hold straight A+'s in college, I didn't even do that in HS!- lol
End of quarter is two weeks away and I'll get working on it regularly again after that happens.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
For those with the 87-90 if you want a triple guage pod check National Parts Depot. They have a catalog qith all sorts of stuff for our trucks.

Also this is to 6 Nebraska idis. What kind of camaro stuff do you make and for what generation? We have 2 69s that were working on and were looking for dome stuff

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Well kudos for keeping straight A's ;Sweet

My brother is in the honors programs at The OSU and he doesnt even have the time to talk to us. He was valedictorian, and made the Dean's list......he's my role model :hail

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.