7.3L Rusted oil pan options ??

Reaction score
When I took my badly rusted and weeping oil pan off , the inside off the pan looked like a shiny new one.............except for the couple off little pinholes from the outer rust working its way inward :fan:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
:bswould need some proof of this I have never seen an oil pan rust from the inside out including the DT466's that seem to need changed out every couple years. Not to mention I have never seen anything rust thats continuously coated in oil

I have changed at least 15 ford oil pans from straight 6 to PSD and everyone was scalely on the inside of the pan

botcher

Reaction score
My old 93 rusted through. I drained the oil and left it sit over night. Then I cleaned the pan with a die grinder and wire wheel. Wiped it down several times with lacquer thinner plugged the holes with J B, left that sit over night ruff sanded the J B and wiped the pan down again with lacquer thinner and coated the whole pan with two part epoxy. Then the next day I panted the pan with rust prevention paint. Never leaked a drop after that. 5 years later the truck was totaled in an accident.

First thing I did when I got this van was clean up the pan and put a good coat of paint on it. The factory paint sucks.

On the lighter side “diaper isn’t UV perfected” – the only way the sun should get to it is if ya roller er over…

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the lighter side “diaper isn’t UV perfected” – the only way the sun should get to it is if ya roller er over…

they were talkin about a nasty paint not being uv resistant,not the diaper.the paint they are talkin about POR-15 is some nasty stuff.you dont want to get that paint on anything but the part youre painting.get it on bare skin and its there for atleast a month if you dont get it off ASAP before it gets a chance to soak in.that stuff is like a tattoo,it aint comin off ya anytime soon.i used it on my 66 grandprix.you can whack my frame with a hammer and it aint gonna chip off.i did it about 10 years ago,go wipe my frame with a rag and itll shine like glass.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
My 77 F250 with a 351m had a rusted pan. I used JB weld. Either i didnt get it clean enough or JB doesnt work good on that type of application but it didnt work. Its back to seeping again. I'd just get a new pan but its probably a pain to replace one in a diesel? Thats my next step for me. Luckily it dont leak that much just seeps a bit.

sassyrel

Reaction score
:bswould need some proof of this I have never seen an oil pan rust from the inside out including the DT466's that seem to need changed out every couple years. Not to mention I have never seen anything rust thats continuously coated in oil
;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet correctamundo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevrknow

Reaction score
they were talkin about a nasty paint not being uv resistant,not the diaper.the paint they are talkin about POR-15 is some nasty stuff.you dont want to get that paint on anything but the part youre painting.get it on bare skin and its there for atleast a month if you dont get it off ASAP before it gets a chance to soak in.that stuff is like a tattoo,it aint comin off ya anytime soon.i used it on my 66 grandprix.you can whack my frame with a hammer and it aint gonna chip off.i did it about 10 years ago,go wipe my frame with a rag and itll shine like glass.

Put por-15 on my pan 3 weeks ago. STILL have black spots on my hands! :idiot:

Disposable gloves are our friends.