7.3L outperformed a 6.0L?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ok just a little story for the IDI junkies,

Goldie was feelin' her oats last week and well a quiet country road and Karen was in the grocery gitter behind and she wanted to see some smoke.....For y'all at the rally with some smoke I blame you all for what Karen has now turned into. :D
I put the go pedal to the floor and took off and left Karen in the dust with her rig......literally left her behind. ;burnout
I got this 2 way from her and she said she couldn't catch up....
(Best Tim Allen voice) HHUUUUUUHHH? :eek:
First I thought she was joking. Well tried it again for SNG and BAM 2 times in a row. :D :D
Karen then proceeds to ask me if I snuck a turbo under the hood without her lookin' :angel: Nope!
Comes to find out the GG had some sensor issues times 3 and ended that run of pride. :confused:
Well just goes to show that the 6.0L without that air stuffer werkin right wasn't squat against the 7.3L N/A :D
Won't happen again she said after she picked it up from the dealership. Now she wants bigger exhaust and more smoke. :love: :hail

SOOOO.... Thanks guys. :backoff
Really wasn't planning on putting money into her truck until Goldie gets a turbo...... Off to exhaust shopping I go. ;p

Just thought I should share this since I own 2 IDI's and one PSD....
Oh and Mel, thanks for taking the time to check Goldies timing being on vacation and all. :hail ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a problem. I'm glad your experiment proved that the real horsepower in a PSD isn't in the motor, but in the computer. ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I have talked to a lot of 6.0 owners in the campgrounds and they all love them for the power they have stock out the box - listening to those guys talk they are some pulling sonza *BLEEP*

On guy (a buddy of mine) said that his new one has all the power that his chipped 97 had and won't be touching this one because it pulls his 35ft 5er like a dream up the mountains.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Karen was in the grocery gitter behind and she wanted to see some smoke.....For y'all at the rally with some smoke I blame you all for what Karen has now turned into. :D

You are welcome!

BTW- Be glad you passed on Darrin's turbo. I spent more w/ Ken to get it "fixed" ;Really and to be able to put it on my truck than I did w/ Darrin. :D ;Sweet :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
I have talked to a lot of 6.0 owners in the campgrounds and they all love them for the power they have stock out the box - listening to those guys talk they are some pulling sonza *BLEEP*

On guy (a buddy of mine) said that his new one has all the power that his chipped 97 had and won't be touching this one because it pulls his 35ft 5er like a dream up the mountains.

Travis I gotta agree with em(flame suit donned) after we got it back from the stealership it runs better than it did new. But still like my IDI much better cause I just gave Goldie a little more fuel to sip on tonight and ;Sweet
SHE GOT SMOKE! :D
Just wait till next time the PSD brain goes on vacation.......cough cough cough!
Still owe ya a ride! After ya dry out from Indy. :rolleyes:

Joe, sorry to hear that but hey, as long as the bank of Steph is givin credit ;Sweet
Can't wait to check out the rig next time as Mel and I were talking this afternoon about rally post partum disorder. :rolleyes:

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Our six liter pulling our 18 foot trailer with a piano or two in it is without a doubt faster than my truck is off the line. Dang new trucks...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to my trusted insider at my Ford dealer, the 6.0 is so maxed out already, that chiping it is a death sentance.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Agnem said:
According to my trusted insider at my Ford dealer, the 6.0 is so maxed out already, that chiping it is a death sentance.

Ive heard that somewhere before too!.. Maybe on these boards??? :confused: :confused:

OldiesF250

dedicated....
Reaction score
maybe this is a sign to get our trucks up to date.... nah id rather see the black smoke than an over worked engine.