7.3L crankshaft ready for zf5?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you got one that looks like the one on the right, you got robbed -cuss The kevlar pilot bushing would be the ugly yellow plastic looking one piece bushing.
They really work smooth, and no worries about the rollers giving out.
+1 to what he said...sorry for not responding earlier; just got back from work. Time to find some Motrin and crash...long day today and another long day tomorrow *sigh* I need a real job!

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Just wondering: what's the going rate for the SMF kit from NAPA? Sounds like several people are using them, was wondering who the manufacturer is and if everybody's been happy with the quality.

R. J.

I think it was around $400, BIGGEST waste of money I spent, Oh Wait make that second biggest, the BIGGEST napa clutch waste was the one I put in a customers 460 truck and it was junk from day one, had to change it for free.
NEVER will I put another napa one in.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iwill make sure it is still on the bench at work but IWas going to sall it to a member for 30 plus shipping, fair enough??

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iwill make sure it is still on the bench at work but IWas going to sall it to a member for 30 plus shipping, fair enough??
done. :D I'm figuring UPS is going to run around $10. I just my teeth kicked in by UPS on the last batch of parts I sent out.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big grin that means it was to cheap. No problem .I hate shipping stuff, I have a lot of VW parts to ship to england and it is going to kill the guy, most of it is used, yea thats it ,so it isnt worth much to customs.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big grin that means it was to cheap.
Not at all.
the screamer deals poached by me never hits the boards until the transaction is done.
I'm just damn happy to get the part. This way I can put my buddy with the CNC to work ;Sweet

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towcat,
I do have that spacer, with reinforcement plate and bolts, when do you want it?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
russ-
check your PM's .
I just replied to you there. Gary(icanfixall) is looking for you too.
He'll tell you the details.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
If you got one that looks like the one on the right, you got robbed -cuss The kevlar pilot bushing would be the ugly yellow plastic looking one piece bushing.
They really work smooth, and no worries about the rollers giving out. Robert
I got tooked again.....Like I say, Hell being dumb!
On a brighter note, since I'm planning on living to 150, me usually learning one thing per day.....lets see now, 92.9166x 365da....5 times 6 is 30. Zero, carry 3....ahhh heck, this'll take me too long!
Just cutting thru the crapp, come Oct. of the year 2100 I'll be smart, smart, smart!!!:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

BTW lotzagoodstuff, those NAPA SMF & clutch kits I looked at last year....I saw China or Taiwan or somewhere stamped on the disc...disc had spring loaded center along with some plastic stuff in it...????
IIRC they were just under or just over $400 for 12" kit.

Currently I'm running a NAPA 12"SMF kit that was given to me, & actually it seems to be getting a little better....Early on it ****** like heck backing up & taking off....I was thinking yesterday that it seems better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online