7.3 turbo idi, bad miss, injector? no compression?

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sir. Sure doesn't. I know from past experience , oil in the water has been a bad oil cooler... And water in the oil itself has been cavitation

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did. I let it "hit" on its only compression stroke 6-8 times on the cylinder I was testing then recorded the reading

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled it and parted the truck. Put the engine in the garage and just deemed it a builder. Prolly a burnt exhaust valve. Saved it since it's a turbo block

bigbellyking

SouthernMilitia
Reaction score
Huffing and miss

Like the previous said this is an old post but I seen this post last night and had to comment. I have had to 7.3 IDI engines. Both of them had badly worn exhaust valves. These guides get so bad the valve wobble side to side and makes the misfire. This is what happened to me twice. It is due to an update with Ford for valve stem seals on the exhaust side. This cut down on emissions. But cost us engine problems later in the years. I hope this helps someone that reads this post. Thanks southern militia

I pulled it and parted the truck. Put the engine in the garage and just deemed it a builder. Prolly a burnt exhaust valve. Saved it since it's a turbo block