7.3 turbo idi, bad miss, injector? no compression?

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a nice looking truck. What kind of shape is the core support in?

Core support is shot, but there a guy in St. Louis, MO on craigslist that has 30 of these 92-97 trucks he's parting. I was just out there and he has prolly 5-6 good core supports

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess the 1st post got cut off, I'll try and get the block #'s tomorrow, found them today but didn't snap a picture and run them yet.... I'll guarantee though they are both turbo blocks,,, to much obvious factory turbo block parts with no signs of retrofit on this 1 owner truck.... little things like the glow plug relay on the passenger valve cover , etc

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
not sure on the price, but they go int he glow plug hole. we got a harbor freight kit for out tractor and it has the adapter that fits in the IDI glow plug hole. i have never used it on my engine. harbor freight though so it shouldn't be terribly expensive. decent kit i might add.

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I thought you were referring to a ford rotunda kit.... I watch ebay for a bunch of ford rotunda tools like the injector hole fixer , whatever its real name is, but man they go high... I still think I have a dead pump or injector.... Even though they are all reman'd..... If there was a hole in the piston, or a burnt valve, it would be smoking from unburnt fuel out the tail pipe.... Don't have any of that lol I don't know what I'm going to do yet,... Even a good running engine with 100,000 miles doesn't bring much.... Has a nice $600 turbo kit on it though with a 2 1/2 inch custom bent downpipe

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go........... Original engine out of the truck.....
You must be registered for see images attach

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is some video of it running..... There was no blow by out of the oil filler cap , but the cdr valve blow by is horrible .....so I stand corrected . I cracked all the injector lines , each one is getting fuel , and when each pne is loosened, the truck idles lower . Seems as if its essentially firing on all 8 just 1 or 2 aren't fully igniting maybe? Buying a compression tester tomorrôw ....

">

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The glow plug holes are 10.1mm. Make sure an adapter with those threads are in the comp kit.

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would go for that tranny if the price was right

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The engine is the 3509th turbo engine off the assembly line. The first turbo engine serial number was 1,116,331. Nice find too and a great looking rig.. You sure will enjoy the rig after you get it running safely.

Idi93

Ford parts guy
Reaction score
Dang good looking truck. Also, that woukd make it the 83509th off the line :)
The engine is the 3509th turbo engine off the assembly line. The first turbo engine serial number was 1,116,331. Nice find too and a great looking rig.. You sure will enjoy the rig after you get it running safely.

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's my parts truck actually .... Dana 60 donor .... Restoring a 5 speed 70,000 mile black one .... The green truck shown has 367,000 on the body and is trashed inside. Bull thanks for the heads up on the compression tester . Prolly gonna try this $179.00 one ( 46800) from harbor freight . Hopefully it isn't trash like alot of their el cheap o tools

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Dang good looking truck. Also, that woukd make it the 83509th off the line :)

Wow... How did I miss the 9 in th serial number.. Must be that damn vegatable garden block and soil work... That stuff is killing me. Already have shoveled 8 cubic yards and placed about 200 blocks 6x8x16 doubled stacked.. I'm so tired and sore... Just waiting for the big payoff if there is one..:rolleyes:

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me awhile to get around to this beast but work has been go go go go go...... Here are the compression results.... Cylinders #1 and #2 have 240psi...... #3 is 310psi, #4 is 410 psi, #5 is 400psi, #6 is 360psi, #7 & #8 are 350 psi..... The engine has a huffing noise out the exhaust like its running on 7 cylinders and makes the truck shake also.... Excessive blow by once warmed up... Come to find out it is a jasper reman with 120,000 miles on it..... Floored it a couple times running the engine up to 2500 in neutral and it smokes like a train , so who knows what has happened to it, could have a burnt piston from excessive egts...... Anyone else have any input to what may be wrong? I believe I'm going to just part the truck since it has a newer rebuilt e40d and trans case with 20,000 miles on them... and I have the paper work to document it

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online