7.3 IDI sleeves

92 F-350CC

Reaction score
Hello fellas, I am new to the forum and recently bought a 7.3L equipped 92 f-350 CC and it had the old black death in the coolant. Well I pulled the motor and decided to have all 8 cylinders sleeved. Now have any of you guys had this done? If you have have you had any failures with it? The local machine shop is telling me that 30 percent failure rate is common. What do you think? Thanks John :mad:

IDIeselman

Reaction score
John, I don't know anyone who has sleeved all 8 but someone will chime in. And I think you need to find a different shop with a failure rate like that something's just not right cookoo
Tim

92 F-350CC

Reaction score
He seems to think mine will be fine, and is going to recondition the rods and crank for 300 bucks. John

obinella

Reaction score
thats thirty engines out of one hundred. find out how many he has done,if under sixty nine, go for it!! maybe the first thirty engines were bad and it's out of his system, or maybe he blew three and three quarters all in one shot. just kidding,time to move along and find a shop that uses micrometers instead of a carpenters steel square.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
actually, I think he said 30% of every sleeve, meaning every engine shoudl have some sort of problem. That's not right...