7.3 idi best gauges

zbbcmonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 94 f250 turbo 7.3 idi and I was wondering what gauges I need to get I'm new to the whole diesel thing any advice would be awesome

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brace your self from all the ISSPRO freaks..

i use VDO myself, i have been for more than 2 decades, im completely happy with them.

water temp
oil press
pyrometer.
those 3 are a must.

boost gauges are fun to watch.
if you have an auto, and you tow alot, a trans temp is usefull

everything else is up to you.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have autometer myself. Oil pressure, water temp, boost and volts.

I also have an Isspro pyrometer.

Happy with all of them.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a glowshift 3-1 pyro for my B-day a few weeks back. The gauge was too small for my likings and the "made in Taiwan" sticker on the back of gauge gave me another reason to send it back. Plan on going with a hypermax pyro/boost gauge in the near future. I called hypermax and they said this is a complete kit with all the hardware.

http://www.gohypermax.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=eb85a449-aa86-42aa-91fe-d25bbae86ebf

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a glowshift 3-1 pyro for my B-day a few weeks back. The gauge was too small for my likings and the "made in Taiwan" sticker on the back of gauge gave me another reason to send it back. Plan on going with a hypermax pyro/boost gauge in the near future. I called hypermax and they said this is a complete kit with all the hardware.

http://www.gohypermax.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=eb85a449-aa86-42aa-91fe-d25bbae86ebf

Yes that right there! I have that exact unit in my truck and really like it. The pyro probe is top quality and you don't even need a power wire for it. Sure yeah so I only use about half the boost gauge's readout but hey.

Pricy little setup but well worth it IMO.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VDO, isspro, Autometer, etc there all good. Just make sure you get the 2-1/16" size if your going to mount them on the A Pillar.

Boost, Transmission temp, EGT, Oil temp or Coolant temp.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score

Man I was going to Get a GlowShift Gauge Kit. -cuss

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a gloshite pyro in the 88... Kept changing colors till I introducted it to my stiletto titanium framing hammer
But the banks from way back was taiwan junk also but it worked.
Get as many as you feel need monitoring. There is a custom dash thread somewhere in the tech I think.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Anybody know if you can rebuild a PyroMeter. Got one that was Free supposed to work but I might as well if it's a reasonable Price. Also anyone else using GlowShift?