6V71?

RedTruck

Reaction score
You oughta rethink the 6v53. Detroit made an aluminum block upgrade kit for a military armored personel carrier. They were significantly lighter than the cast iron counter part. About a month ago there was an aluminum 6v53 block listed on ebay.

That, and if you had questions about the buildup, I think this fellow would be able to help...:D

Clicky

Paul

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
The welding/fab shop a couple towns over had an F-350, with an 8.2 Penny Pincher onboard. Built it for dragging flatbeds, and hay bailers around the country. No Idea if it even still exists.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about getting the Enterprise back to a rally instead. Now THAT is a goal worth achieving. ;Really

UUMMMMMMMMMMMM:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

SORRY Jonathan but that would be a goal that you could acheive.

BTW have you found another job?

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
The welding/fab shop a couple towns over had an F-350, with an 8.2 Penny Pincher onboard. Built it for dragging flatbeds, and hay bailers around the country. No Idea if it even still exists.

Wow, what a usless piece of Junk. I think it is refered to as the 8.2 Loser :puke:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Wow, what a usless piece of Junk. I think it is refered to as the 8.2 Loser :puke:
:rolleyes:

Thank you for your insight and constructive criticism. I'm certain that FreightTrain is well aware of any existing folklore on this subject. (flame off)

I recently used a C70 twin-screw, with a 12 yard rock box, running a Penny Pincher/15speed. Maybe not fast or stylish, but made excellent mileage, and gave me NO grief. I suppose it probably left some drippings, but where I parked it was grass that is slated for execution, by lethal dispersion.

Mind you, I never had the opportunity to drive the F350/8.2, but the company that owned it used it for a long time, dragging Vermeer bailers, and trailer loads of pickup flatbeds.

Maybe next week I can find out if it's still around. Might be some interesting history and information available.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I got way too much free time at work between part loadings.....

nah,still at the Factory.Finally getting 5 days again too....And Technically 1st shift worker......but working 2nd shift till they can train the idiot replacement(Kin folk via Marrage......)

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
The modern light weight diesel engines that are used in light trucks today are capable of making more power than you can possibly use with out the weight or having to butcher the truck all up.Cummins and Izuzu can both make over 1000 hp if you open your wallet far enough. One of them in a Ford would not be anymore of a non-traditional engine in a Ford than a DD.

I watched a 5.9 Cummins engine in a streamliner go 314 mph at Bonneville last August.

Jim