68 chevy c10 6.5 td

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got most of the motor together. Will install rockers and push rods tomorrow. I installed the 1/2 inch aluminum hard line to the fuel pump. Installed the new poly engine mounts. I will be putting it in truck here soon so stay tuned.
You must be registered for see images attach

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more pics.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the motor in the truck finally. I finished the ECM wiring and checked and double checked it for proper routing. I mounted the acc brackets the alt and ps pump. The trans is in temp to have the engine in the right spot for wiring and the other stuff needing done. I was going to use elec cooling fans but I think a BB fan shroud will work. I am going to by one from member teeitup. I still need to finish the clutch linkage. I'm still waiting for the other valve cover to be powder coated wrinkle black. The turbo and manifold are also on there temp to get an idea on intercooler piping. Here are some pics.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. They look good when they are clean and the wiring is not hanging all over the place.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the clutch linkage. I made the bracket on the engine side and the frame side. The bracket is mounted to the bell housing. The bell housing is a 56 Bel air. I still need to paint it.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk about beefy. Have you been able to push the clutch pedal down and feel how it works?
Very beefy. I have not tested it yet I don't have the clutch yet. It has the stock movement. Should be no different then factory.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Very beefy. I have not tested it yet I don't have the clutch yet. It has the stock movement. Should be no different then factory.
I have a brand new Sachs 12" clutch kit I bought for a chevy diesel. I think I lost the throwout and pilot bearing but I'd make you a good deal on it. If you need one

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Sachs 12" clutch kit I bought for a chevy diesel. I think I lost the throwout and pilot bearing but I'd make you a good deal on it. If you need one
That would be great. The only problem is I have to use a car clutch for a super t10. My input shaft is 26 spline a nv4500 is 10 I think. I am also using a solid flywheel. For curiosity how much? I might use the pressure plate and just get a different disk.

Last edited:

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Well I think I paid $140 for the whole kit. I couldn't sell it for less than $80. You would still come out ahead but if your using the fine spline input it wouldn't be cost effective.

I just did a trans swap on a 89 chevy with a nv3500. That thing is the same input size and spline count as any 4spd truck trans. 10 spline. But the flywheel bolt pattern is different. now that was a 4.3l gasser

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online