68 chevy c10 6.5 td

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn you! I just called on a 68 C20 straight, fairly rust free w/ running 350 and 4 speed. Hope to go look at it first of the week
Should be a good truck. I had a 71 with a four speed c20. I had my built 350 in it lots of torque. Towed anything I also had a 70 c20 auto. Will be a nice truck for a diesel swap.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm either trans planting my 82 engine in that or whole drive train in an El Camino. It will get as high of gears as I can find and be an mpg cruiser.

source unknown

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have started working on it again. I also changed it up a little. I'm going full electronic injection on it. I already had the electronic IP and all the sensors. I cut a wiring harness out of a 94 6.5 truck. I then sorted through all the wiring this took time labeled all of it. I got the ECU from a 94 truck also. I made a glove box out of diamond plate aluminum and mounted the ECU in there. I also mounted the auxiliary fuse blocks and relays and also the diagnostic plug. I cut the harness down soldered all connections and shrink wrapped them. I got a military 50 pin circular socket and plug and mounted it on the firewall. There is a guy that makes up to a 6 position chip for the 6.5 this is what I'm going with. I will have cruise control, idle up control, and greater reliability. This way the IP isn't maxed all the time which is ******* it. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0230.jpg
    IMAG0230.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0226.jpg
    IMAG0226.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0225.jpg
    IMAG0225.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0222.jpg
    IMAG0222.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 12

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a winner. Most ditch the efi but there is alot of adjustment in the tuning that makes for a more refined ride

source unknown

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the PMD mounted and a heat sink behind it. All the wiring is done inside just got to install the dash parts. I got my new heads in they are the new castings all assembled. I'm getting the pistons cut tomorrow and ordering head studs also. Next two weeks pistons are getting ceramic coated and rings and gaskets ordered. Then the motor is going in finally I can then finish the wiring out side. Here are the pics of the finished glove box.
You must be registered for see images attach

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is cut out same size as the pmd . I drilled and tapped the heat sink for the pmd screws. I then drilled and tapped for screws to hold it to the box. The pmd is screwed straight to the heat sink with the conductor sheet between them.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is some pics of what has been going on. First are the pics of my new HD heads. Next my hybrid turbo it is a hx35 with a h1c 18cm exhaust housing. The last is the fuel filter/manager housing. I cut off the small fittings and drilled it out and tapped it for 1/4 npt fittings. I also made a block off plate for the fuel heater at the bottom.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the pistons cut down .040 for 18-1 comp. I got ARP head studs and Mahle piston rings. I was going to have a shop ceramic coat the pistons but the shop is in Vegas and they want them for 5 days. I am not leaving my pistons for 5 days. They were going to charge me 160.00 just to ceramic coat the tops. They wanted another 120.00 to do the skirt coating. All that plus the gas to drive up there and back twice. I got a tester bottle of Cerakote piston coating oven cure and a tester bottle of micro slick piston skirt coating. Both bottles shipped are 82.00. I blasted the tops and the skirts with 120 grit aluminum oxide. I then sprayed the piston coating on them and then baked them at 300 deg. They came out great. The skirts came out good also. The skirts are air dry no baking needed. I didn't think the tester bottles would be enough but I hardly used any of the stuff still have 3/4 full bottles left.

For the shop to do pistons
280.00 to coat them
120.00 in fuel to drive there twice
plus 5 days for them to get damaged or lost
total 400.00 roughly

To do them myself
82.00 for coating
10.00 for 120 grit aluminum oxide 2 lbs
12.00 for masking tape
used my bosses oven and blaster cabinet
total 104.00 roughly plus beer
here are some pics