6.9/7.3 early banks turbo y-pipe

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an early banks turbo kit off someone for a pretty good deal. The downside was that the Y-pipe/up-pipe had been modified to fit around their transmission(cut, angles adjusted, rewelded). It may go right back in with minor modifications but I didn't want to do the work myself and it would have cost me $200 to have the muffler shop make the adjustments for me so I just decided to buy a new one.

I'm selling the Y-pipe, up-pipe(everything between exhaust manifolds and turbo bracket inlet). It's dirty. It's rusty. But from what I can see it's still solid(no holes). I'm putting most of it through the electrolosis process now to remove the rust(whatever will fit in a 5-gal bucket).

I'd prefer someone local so you can see it with your own eyes before you buy it. I'll try to get pics up in the next couple days.

$100obo

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw, if you're interested, the part #'s for the new units are

y-pipe: pn 52112 $362
up-pipe: pn 52117 $110

+ shipping

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for the delay. I've been getting jacked around by Banks on shipment of my y-pipe and up-pipe. perhaps I'll get it in the next week, if not, might have to re-use what I have.

Attachments

• 0411001451.jpg
    0411001451.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 0411001452.jpg
    0411001452.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what tranny is it for? I think there is a difference. I could make it work more than likely since I will be putting mine together outside the truck before I put it in the 68. My kit is the old banks non wastegated. Let me know if you dont end up using it. Greg

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the kit was originally designed for an E40D(per the PO) but the PO said he made some modifications (as seen in the pictures) to adjust the routing around a larger trans. Not sure which one he had. It was also on a 70s body style that he dropped the 7.3 in to. the Y and up-pipe are off a IDI banks pre-sidewinder non-wastegated turbo kit.

Once I get my banks kit in(if I get it), I'll have a box to throw this in. Don't know what shipping would be. light but in a fairly large box.

Just a warning, the pics show the hack-job work he did to make it work. If I was to keep this(again, pending banks) I'd have my exhaust guy cut off the butcher job and put some clean(non-leaky, free flowing) extensions on there as well as make the up-pipe removable for easier maintenance/removal down the road.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like it was originally for a C6 and modified for an E4OD. I have a zf5 and had to modify mine (which was originally for a C6) in some of the same ways, only my mods had to be much more severe to get it around the transmission.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what the shipping would be for it when you get your other kit. I have the aod behind mine and it will make my job easier than trying to build a hole new one. With that being said unless there was someone that wanted it before me. Thanks Greg

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once I get the new kit in(now banks is saying a couple of days), I'll take some pics / comparison shots of the two and see how closely they resemble one another.

greg, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you some higher res pictures. I don't want to sell you something that doesn't work for you or if there's something wrong I missed. I'm not an exhaust guy.