6.5 racing....yeah I got destroyed...

chrisk1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made this post on another forum but I thought that some of the guys here might get a kick out of it as well...

Alright...took the truck to the local strip to get some base numbers before I put in my Heath Max E Torque 2.0.

Keep in mind I was driving with bone stock 'S' programming :puke: .

I was racing a buddy of mine who has a 2000 GMC Express van 3500...350 VORTEC with 4L80E and 4.10.

The only race I won was when he redlighted :rotflmao .

My best overall race of the night was actually my first race (first time ever on a race track). Here is a link to a video clip of the run:

http://media.putfile.com/65-racing-a-3500-van

I had a Reaction of .395 (best of the night for me was .181)
I had a 60 foot of 2.791 (best of the night for me was on this run)
I had an E.T. of 19.133 (best of the night for me was on this run)
My MPH was 72.054 (best of the night for me was on this run)

Can't wait to see what the chip will do to the E.T. ;Sweet .

I am hoping to see at least a 1 second improvement

Attachments

• DSC01777edit.jpg
    DSC01777edit.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01797edit.jpg
    DSC01797edit.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 16
  • timeslip.jpg
    timeslip.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 14

chrisk1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I have had a few people say that on the other site too but it has been working fine for everyone else....video has 60 views on it...

I am using the latest edition of windows media player and it works just fine..

Sorry - I don't know how to fix the problem because it works fine for me and a bunch of other people..

Suggestions?????

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same problem - just a red X in the box. dang!! Thanks for posting the pics. Those are a hoot! Nice lookin' truck!

chrisk1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is on your end....it works fine for me and a bunch of other people too?????

Thanks for the comment on the truck....right now it is all show and no go LOL...need that chip from Heath to show up in my mailbox any day now....then the grudge match will go...

crazybandb

Reaction score
Got to work

had tune down my firewall some. where did u go to drag race? N.H.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Time looks about right for a stock truck. I bet the Heath chip will take you to around 17 seconds. Looks like a blast no matter what you run though. I wish I had a drag strip that was closer than 2.5 hrs away...

chrisk1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a blast to run there...the guys were awesome...my buddy and I told them it was our first time at a track racing and they took the time to explain everything to us and gave us pointers all night long on how to lower our RTs...

The truck has all of the mods in my sig...problem is that the stock 'S' programming does not put out enough fuel for a good run (notice the lack of black haze out of the back of the truck - the good thing is that I am using all of the fuel being delivered but the bad thing is that I am not getting enough fuel - make sense?)

I am running it again after I get the chip....I'll let you know what happens to the ETs...

chrisk1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my Heath EPROM in now....rematch will be in early August....let's see how this chip performs...

chrisk1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention it...I just got back from the races last night...

This time I ran with Heath's Max E Torque.

For those who just want to know the outcome, here it is: best time of 17.189 @ 78.331 MPH and a best trap speed of 17.583 @ 79.183 MPH. Using the same calculations as before (truck weighs 6200 lb, trap speed was 78.3 MPH) - I come up with 232 HP. Using the ET method I come up with 241 HP.

Since I used the MPH method the first time (pre-chip) I will used the MPH method this time (even though I get better HP numbers if I use my best ET). This means that the Heath chip gave me an increase of 52 HP!

I realize that my HP numbers are calculated and not actual but the 52 HP increase should be legit as far as I can tell.

For those of you who want the full story on the night's events - read on

I was one of the first ones to get through tech inspection and I was actually the first one to get to stage at the lights. In my first race I ran in 2 wheel drive and used a boosted launch (10 psi). What a riot that was! As soon as I let off the brake and floored the APP the tires broke loose and I didn't even move for what felt like an eternity. The guy in the other lane was halfway down the track before I even started moving (yes I have video of it- what a smokeshow!) I ended up running a 19.466 @ 77 MPH - LOL!

For the next time I tried a method that Ian from Heath Diesel mentioned might work for me. I started without a boosted launch. I rolled into the start and then floored the truck as soon I started moving a little. As soon as I floored it the tires slipped a little and then caught the track. This resulted in my best trap speed of the night and a pretty good ET as well. I ended up running a 17.583 @ 79.183 MPH.

I was getting frustrated with the tires spinning all the time so I figured I might as well try some 4x4 runs. For the next race I put the truck in 4 hi and lined up. I boosted up to about 2 or 3 psi and then floored it. This resulted in a 17.302 @ 78.565 MPH.

There were 140 cars there (big car show this weekend) so I would only get one more run in. I figured I might as well go all out. I did a 4x4 boosted launch at 10 psi. This resulted in my best ET of the night. I ran a 17.189 @ 78.331 MPH with a 60 foot of 2.306 (best of the night for me).

To put things into perspective:
1. I was not the slowest vehicle out there for a change
2. An 06 Powerstroke with a trans and SCT tuning only ran a mid 15 second run
3. An 06 GMC 1500 4x4 5.3 ext cab short box ran a best of 17.777 seconds

Once I get my HO injectors from Heath installed in a few weeks I hope to run in the mid to high 16's...stay tuned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online