6.0 intake box

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has put a 6.0 Powerstroke intake on a 7.3 or 6.9 IDI. Seems @snicklas was talking about how the intake box bolts up to the battery tray.

If no one has tried it I may well just try it anyway, if it don’t work my buddy with a 7.3 PSD said he might buy it off me.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Would be cool if you are talking about using the stock filter setup. The donaldson power core filter is the best air filter there is hands down in terms of airflow and good filtration.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be cool if you are talking about using the stock filter setup. The donaldson power core filter is the best air filter there is hands down in terms of airflow and good filtration.
Yes, use the stock 6.0 filter system with as many stock parts as possible

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get it to work, my only recommendation is to give yourself more room to get the filter in and out. I know in the 6.0 it either requires 4 hands or lots of creative new words.

James
Yes they suck to change, but they have such good flow, while offering amazing filtration and long lasting cartridges

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a 6.0 powerstroke air cleaner assembly today. Looking forward to getting it to work with my truck. Keep in mind, my 7.3 has a Hypermax Turbo, which sits up against the firewall all the way at the back of the motor instead of at an angle on top of the motor. So your mileage may vary if you try to do this, whether or not it works for me

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your results should be perfect for me since I believe my 088 will sit in the same spot as yours! Thanks for footing the bill to see if (how) this works!

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your results should be perfect for me since I believe my 088 will sit in the same spot as yours! Thanks for footing the bill to see if (how) this works!
No problem! If it doesn’t work for me, my buddy who has a Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke might be interested, that has already been proven to work. But I hope it works on our IDIs, and that he finds his own unit to swap in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online