5 speed swap

1992f250idi

Reaction score
i bought a zf5 for my truck to fix the problems ive been having with this e4od once and for all. im going to be buying a new dmf clutch kit for it, and resurfacing the dmf flywheel. should i do the rear main while ive got everything apart? it looks like it might be leaking alittle but not too much. but it just seems like common sense to do it while ive got everything off, is there any reason why i shouldnt? also, should i go with the redisleeve kit or just replace the seal?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure on the rear main, but i put a luk solid flywheel and clutch kit in mine and will never go back to thecrappy dmv setup.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
It wouldnt hurt to change rear main seal, its not too hard, i didnt do the sleeve i just put in a stock rearmain seal my old one was pouring oil out, my new one still drips a little here and there, but if it dont leak then its not an international:sly

1992f250idi

Reaction score
is there anyway to tell if my DMF is good? it looks ok, im going to get it resurfaced but im not familiar with this setup to know if the springs are good or not. it does have some movement on the plate side to side. after taking the flexplate off from the e4od i discovered its bone dry back there by the rear main seal so im not going to touch it