5.0 to 7.3 Project

gregmiller185

Reaction score
So my Quick 4 controller showed up last week and I installed it their past weekend. It is the new Gen2 model with better display and I’m sure other things I don’t know about. Pretty sweet unit and very simple to install with their wiring harness. I chose to mount it where I did because it displays pretty much everything I might need to know, trans temp, selected gear, corrected speed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Although here’s where I’m hoping someone might be able to help. Just before it’s about to make the 1-2 shift, it throws an EPC over-current code every time unless I accelerate hard enough through the shift. The code then stays on until ignition is turned off.

I have went through and manually tested each solenoid. I can hear each one click and am getting proper resistance through each solenoid.

I am wondering if these solenoid packs can test fine yet still be faulty? I’m working with Baumann right now as they believe it may be something in the controllers calibration. But I would sure hate for it to be something on my end and would like to rule that out.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading the instruction manual for that US Shift controller, it says to hook up power and ground directly to the ECU wires. Since we don't have an engine control unit, what did you hook to instead?
Edit: Never mind, on the next page I see the hook up for carburetted and mechanical injected engines.