460 rad with an IDI.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
If they say bad luck comes in 3’s I must be good to go now....One Blown head gasket, One bent angle cylinder on the plow in the last storm and tonight it **** the radiator at about 5:30pm when I just started plowing...My buddy fixed me up with a mint 460 BBF rad and we made it work for tonight (hopefully for the rest of the winter)...Dad came out to help get it installed...I finished my plowing it never got over 205*F that I saw. No fan shroud but the fan is pinned. The rad hoses ain't pretty but they worked...(Combo of Ford and dodge hoses along with some steel pipe. My rad support is a gasser type so I had a short/wide early style diesel rad in it and it blew a tube in the core.

I only need until the end of April out of the 460 rad, anyone else try this in the winter time? I swear if I didn't know better I'd think the old Ford is trying to reject the IDI now that there is a Cummins sitting in the driveway with her name on it.:dunno::D

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I guess it works ok in the winter, it ran just fine today with the plow removed. The roads were a mess this morning. I ordered a race type 460 rad for the Cummins this morning - 100% aluminum and only $229 plus taxes.
;Sweet....The local engine shop I deal with said they've had good luck with these in stock cars and drag racers. You have to make your own mounting tabs, nothing a TIG welder won't fix.
http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=312&part=ALL30026&add=no

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online