Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
latest find for a $1000 is this 84 2wd with a 4 speed manual/gearvenders overdrive unit and ats turbo

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck, I'll give you your money back and a couple hundred more to make you feel better :)

HOW are IDI's found so cheap in Texas, when they are definitely not cheap in Missouri? :dunno

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I haven’t picked it up yet hope for this weekend if I can get time off that is
My bad it’s actually a Doug Nash unit. I’m in Idaho now doing steel work

pcnut

Reaction score
WOW thought this was a dead thread!!!
I had to set the record straight on a few things that I have found on the DNE2 / US Gear over / under drive.
It was designed by Doug Nash enterprises / US Gear bought out DNE (doug nash enterprises).
they made it in a 2x4 and 4x4 as you all know, the 2x4 attaches to the tail shaft of the trans.
the 4x4 unit goes between the trans and the transfer case.
the rings on the input shaft are for designation of Ford, Chevy, Dodge and if it is an over or under drive.
Doug Nash designed this over/under drive for Chevy. The clocking ring is used on the Ford and Dodge, to allow the oil to be changed on the unit.
Next I have to say thanks to TOWCAT. I know you probably have no idea who I am but few years ago I asked you about the clocking ring as well. (funny got the same answer) as you gave to the other guy. I understand your position.
what it did for me was to look harder and I found a 4x4 unit with a clocking ring. Because of your answer to me i thank you. Also in light of that I searched out and found a guy to machine me a copy of that ring. He gave me the option to source the material or he could and the reverse engineering and the material would cost me about what you said you wanted for one ring (if you would do it you said 600). So I decided to source the material and have him make it and he did also he asked me where my source for the material came from and he now uses the source himself (a win win) if you ask me. Also cause I had a couple more DNE units I had him make me 5 of them for the same cost you wanted for one. Again a win for me, again thank you TOWCAT for forcing me to look harder and find a better solution to the problem I had.