250 cummins power adders

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Ok guys,Something a little different.Can someone give me a few leads on how to hope up a 250 cummins?I know a turbo will help but what all can actually be done for drivability?Bidding on a couple 5 ton army trucks and the one I hope I get will need more than 250HP since it is a freaking BARN on wheels.12 feet tall,20 foot long bed(expandable side box van).

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
i think that you can turn up the pump on those but im not at all familiar with the engine though im shure some one around here knows how but definatly a turbo will help you out a bunch and still be driveable

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
A guy I worked with @ K-W is a mobile mechanic in the National Guard. He told me that you DO NOT want to try and hot rod a 6x6. The t-case will not hold up. They are designed for 250hp, and nothing more.

Is it a 5-speed, or Allison? the old hand-shakers are pretty tough. The military 6x6 Allisons have several particular problems. At least one of them is a simple problem, with a complicated repair, that is NOT a solution. Wish I could remember what he said it was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.