2012 Rally development!!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
3 states.. Count how many I drove across from the west coast of ca where I can see the ocean from my home to the Ky ralley.... About 2100 miles... One way.... But every mile was an enjoyable miles... I really like the open road traveling...:sly

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
thats really cool to hear! I dont really keep up or buy any mags. I will be looking on here to see which issue it shows up in and go snag it.

One of these years a couple west coast guys need to get together and plan a road trip out for the rally together. That would be sweet!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats really cool to hear! I dont really keep up or buy any mags. I will be looking on here to see which issue it shows up in and go snag it.

One of these years a couple west coast guys need to get together and plan a road trip out for the rally together. That would be sweet!

Calvin is rolling out this way for the Rally. Convoy up with him. Grab Vegas, and a few other along the way. The more the marrier. But, hurry and grab a spot. The deadline is 2/29/12.:eek:

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL Yeah and Corey with that spotlight of a flashlight!;Sweet

:angel:

Nope. No peer pressure, pushing, nudging, or shoving took place.......... none at all.:eek::D Ron freely volunteered.

:angel:

Honestly, we knew you'd be an excellent host, and it was time for your turn in the barrell anyway. It was inevitable.LOL

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
;Sweet
Yeah and that's what got all of that started. My first rally was in Lisbon OH, Russ was hosting and as soon as I rolled up, Mel detained me as a diversion to a practical joke the gang was pulling off on Travis.LOL
Yup been hooked since.:thumbsup:

All joking aside, being able to partake in the events, I did feel that it was my turn to be able to provide as those that have hosted in years past have set the bar high and Karen and I plan to do the same.;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have discussed hosting the rally out here on the west coast with the powers to be.. Even the wifey was on board teling me to do it. Here in Ca we have so many differant "things" that can be done. War plane museums everywhere. Hollywood. The absolute best auto museums anywhere called the Nethercutt or the Peterson. The big museum downtown LA called Exposition park. La Brea Tar Pits too for ancient fossils. The Getty Museum too. Knotts Berry Farm.. Disneyland or Seaworld... The list can be endless I guess. But who will really drive this far. I feel its just too much to ask of a family. At least 5 days will be traveling to and from the west coast so how much time is really needed. Probably 8 or 9 days but 2 weeks would make it easier. I can hear the intruck noises now... Are we there yet... I'm hungry or I need to go ***** dad... Talk about the caravan from there to here... Wow... But I know of a group of Cord owners that drive from the west coast to Indiana every year in their 1936 and 1937 Cords too. Sure, some are trailered too but still some do drive it just to show that its easily done.... A west coast meet is not a reality anytime soon. What might be nice is to have an east meets west rally somewhere centralized...:sly

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
awwww jeez! more pressure... im prepping the new project for paint right now!

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Calvin is rolling out this way for the Rally. Convoy up with him. Grab Vegas, and a few other along the way. The more the marrier. But, hurry and grab a spot. The deadline is 2/29/12.:eek:

Heath

o i didnt know this. With the truck being torn apart its going to be to many things at once. because of this i cant grab a spot. But if i can get the truck done and someone "backs out of a spot" i might be able to get enough cash together to go ;Sweet I would love to road trip there. Never done it before :)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
o i didnt know this. With the truck being torn apart its going to be to many things at once. because of this i cant grab a spot. But if i can get the truck done and someone "backs out of a spot" i might be able to get enough cash together to go ;Sweet I would love to road trip there. Never done it before :)

:hail:hail:hail

Heath

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
3 states.. Count how many I drove across from the west coast of ca where I can see the ocean from my home to the Ky ralley.... About 2100 miles... One way.... But every mile was an enjoyable miles... I really like the open road traveling...:sly

Gary, was more a comment about Ron's journey (or should I say "experience") driving to last year's rally! lol