2000 f250 bumper on my 89/93 f350

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
well i think if it comes forward 1.5-2" it should fit just about right and yes the holes are the right size to stand in.
You must be registered for see images attach

I called my truck an 89/93 cause it is an 89 with a 93 front clip. that was for the questions that I knew where coming about the year.lol

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
How are you attaching it? My friend has an 85/95 F-250 we will need a bumper for. This may be an option for him.

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
I am thinking about something like

to make a kind of support frame for the bumper. and it is 1 5/8" tall so that will give me 2 1/4" of forward spacing. I have worked with the struts before and I am not worried about the strength of them but at the same time in the event of a crash the strut will collapse a little.
I am stuck working with what I can and without a welder (or knowing how to weld) I was thinking this would work to put 2 from frame knuckle to knuckle and then 2-4 vertical on the bumper and bolt them together with graded bolts.

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...might be time for some CUSTOM cut/fit of sheet metal,

remove lower grill bar that almost matches that bumper topside cut out...and then cut and trim fenders too...would really sharpen the lines up on the OBS clip IMHO...

I like it!

Thanks for sharing

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
My only problem with cutting the fenders is if I ever need to replace them due to rust or anything then I need to cut new ones but if I just move the bumper a little it puts the bumper forward a little more and gives me a gap between the bumper and grill for more air flow to help keep her cool.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is pretty cool i really like it.i subscribed to that recent thread where someone posted up pics of the SD front bumper and been thinking of putting one on log truck after she's painted.it's a good look.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would use unistrut for bumper mounting. I have to wonder if a hybrid from the superduty and OBS would work. Maybe drill and bolt them together. I'm not real familiar with what the superduty brackets look like. I can't believe the frame widths are that different but maybe.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
this is pretty cool i really like it.i subscribed to that recent thread where someone posted up pics of the SD front bumper and been thinking of putting one on log truck after she's painted.it's a good look.

That was me. The 07-08 bumper.
Supposed to bolt right on.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
the struts are only short term till I can get the parts together to make it right.
I also got the bumper with no hardware and the truck has no brackets on it so I am having to make it up as I go. I had my 93 bumper I was going to install but my wife's cousin got his hands on it and my 5th wheel rails and took them in for scrap now his whole family is mad at me because I told him that when I get the truck running he was going to pay to have new rails mounted in the truck.

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch... Sorry man. That sucks. I am curious to see how it finally turns out. That bumper would certainly solve the air flow problem to the intercooler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance