2 inch body lift options?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never done a body lift, is it easy to do? 2 inch options for my 88 crewcab? Something i could make myself for cheaper? Easier to buy one? And should I buy new body bushings while at it? Would like to do this to fit 3 inch downpipe easier and more room under hood and access to fuel tanks senders that's why i would rather 2 inches than 3 I don't want the large body/bumper gaps

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe I read a 2" will actually hit the heads on the firewall seam but a 3" won't. I'm sure someone else can confirm this for me but I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to do this as well but don't the room or know how n my lil brother said he could do it in 12 hours n roughly 1k labor included. Any one have a preference of lift kits n a picture of what our obs idi would look like

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing your stock rubber mounts lifts it considerably, almost an inch and a half in some cases. Hockey pucks work but is less than desirable in the long run, personally I don’t really like body lifts. If you’re concerned with fitting the 3” dp then I would recommend just loosening the passenger side from cab mount and lifting that side of the cab up when fitting the dp. This is the only way I could fit the dp in the ambulance.

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body lifts are just replacement body mounts and bolts for that small of a lift. No need to buy new body mounts. The issue with them is line clearances and anything else that goes from the cab to the chassis.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I just replace my body mounts then? Based on the condition of the ones under the core support i changed out I can't imagine the rest being very good. My bronco has a 3 inch body lift someone installed before me and I very much don't like the gaps in the body. That's why I was hoping a 2 inch option for just a little more extra space for things. But if replacing them is likely gaining an inch then maybe things seem tight just because my current ines aren't in very good shape anymore.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The prothane kit is decent too. That's the one I used.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Mind you that's with no weight on them. I'd imagine they were a bit more compressed with a crew cab on them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online