1998 Ford F800 w. 6bt and 6speed

Discussion in '5.9L 12 valve Cummins' started by idiTravelAll, Aug 29, 2018.

1. idiTravelAll

idiTravelAll Full Access Member

Long time no post! New baby is almost 1 consumes just about all of my free time.

This baby is getting dropped off at a buddies house for me next week, anyone know what the differences are with this 6bt from a Ram 6bt? Off the bat I can tell the intercooler and radiator are going to be way to huge for the Travelall.

Sidenote/ queation I'll probably need to make a different post for this one, anyone have any experience with the brake systems on these? If possible I'd like to bypass all of the electric/ air assisted brakes to drive it from said friends house to my home which is about 80+ miles.

2. Dieselcrawler

Dieselcrawler i pooped today! Staff Member

Obviously motor mounts, bellhousing and exhaust manifold are all different but can be changed

idiTravelAll likes this.
  3. idiTravelAll

Gotcha I was more concerned about inj pump, lift pump, anything that's going to hinder performance or my wallet:frustrate

4. idiTravelAll

If it's not going to cost me too much Id really like to shorten the F800 frame... The Travelall would be a tank on a 2+ ton frame

Looking forward to getting that project going and on the road asap October I'll get a couple solid weeks of work in on it then really hit it hard November- April

saburai likes this.