You must be registered for see images

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

tapdancewilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That filter was just wired to the frame. I pulled it off and its full of milky oil, it just lead up to the gas tank and just poored out

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Thats is a cob job, make shift, road draft tube (RDT) set up. The CDR (that is the round thing attached to the valve cover) should pipe into the intake pipe, I tried to look on your orignal pics to see if it was capped off. It looks like it is.

You should replace it and route it back to the way it came from the factory, or if your short on funds from fixing other things you can hold off, but from the looks of this truck you better get used to replacing parts due to neglect :(

tapdancewilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This truck was thrashed be the PO. Why was there so much oil in it? Does it need replaced because I don't want oil in the intake obviously haha

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Your quick lol

Yes that is where it is supposed to go, The CDR is like a PCV valve, it vents out the crank case pressure and fumes

There are a million threads on this forum about the CDR

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...-CDR-Valve-From-Ford-Pictures-And-Part-s-Here

Read this thread while I look for another one

This is the one I wanted.. Read your little heart out on the CDR. This site is a WEALTH of info you just have to dig for it sometimes. Everything I know about IDI's comes from this site ( that maybe good or bad, I'm not 100% sure yet lol) I just have down time at the firehouse, so I dont mind helping ya search THIS TIME

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?63606-CDR-Explained&highlight=cdr+explained

Last edited:

91ididiesel

Reaction score
Anytime oil is milky you should be concerned about coolant contamination its possible your oil cooler seals are bad I've heard they fail often

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Anytime oil is milky you should be concerned about coolant contamination its possible your oil cooler seals are bad I've heard they fail often

It's actually quite normal for moisture to be in a rdt/pcv/CDR system.
Usually you'll find a bit of moisture in the oil cap, since it's the highest point of the engine.
Happens a lot with people that do short drives, when the engine doesn't get all the way up to temp, it can't evap the moisture. So it builds up over time.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Usually just the orings fail. Especially when rebuilt with inferior orings, they'll fail pretty quickly.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk