1994 IDIT F250 XLT 4x4 Dana 60 Flatbed

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
I think it is time to see if my 1994 F250 can find a new owner. I have owned it since 2013 and have done a lot of work to is and used it as a solid and nice farm and work truck. With that said, I used it, but kept it as clean and maintained as I could. It has been awesome in that time. ~210,000 miles on it. I have owned it since 163,000.

Here's what all I can recall it has going for it (quite possibly more but these are highlights):

July 1994 build date. Must be one of the last IDIT rolled out. I've owned a 1994 Powerstroke with an earlier build date.
Dana 60 from a 1994 F350; XRP greasable balljoints and Spicer parts/seals -sway bar included but not installed
Milemarker front hubs
10.25 Sterling rear end with lock-right limited slip and factory F350 springs and frame overloads -sway bar included but not installed
Factory IDIT block and turbo
Wicked wheel from Russ in the turbo
Banks downpipe to 4" straightpipe
Intercooler and 6637 air filter
Aluminum radiator
Replaced Core support-not rusted out
Ford Superduty transmission cooler
Power steering cooler
Re-arranged underhood dual batteries to make everything fit really nicely
Facet Duralift electric fuel pump
Bull Moose injection pump
BB code injectors from Russ
ARP head studs
Hydroboost brakes from F-Superduty with the correct brake pedal
Turbo boost gauge
Pyromoter
Oil pressure gauge
Water temp gauge
Trans temp gauge
US Shift E4OD programmable transmission controller that replaces the factory trans computer
Billet triple-disk torque converter
40/20/40 split bench seat from a 1995 XLT truck
Prodigy trailer brake controller
Cab corners were repaired but are bubbling again, but are not holey
Floorboards are solid with some new steel put in when I first got the truck
Frame is in good shape and is painted, with surface rust starting back, but it is clean for 29 years old
Front fenders are not rusty and have been replaced at some point-clear coat is flaking however
Steel flatbed with 1.5" oak wood floor-surface rust at most but nothing structural-installed in 2015
Frame mounted gooseneck ball and flip up lid in the flatbed
Dual fuel tanks
38 gallon rear tank and 21 gallon front tank-gauges both work
Steel rear step bumper with 7 pin plug and 2" receiver
Aluminum side toolboxes and crossover toolbox
265/75/16 tires are less than 2 years old on Alcoa wheels

It blew a head gasket in May. I was just cruising home at night during planting season with no load when it went so I'm surprised by that, but I think it had been leaking for 100 miles or so as I noticed the truck was sounding different for a day or two. It leaks water into the oil currently and it happened suddenly and hasn't been driven since. You can hear the compression skip/leak when it is running, and water will leak directly into the crankcase. The truck currently still runs (roughly) but it does not have any water in it since it leaks straight into the oil. I changed the oil during the diagnosis process to get the old contaminated oil out so it is fresh. The truck can be run for a minute or three, but since there is no coolant it can't be run for too long. Oil pressure is still good and it still starts right up.

I had the engine out in 2019 due to a broken oil ring that led to lots of oil consumption. I re-ringed it with standard rings and put in new standard rod and crankshaft bearings. It has been fine since then until May! My honest hunch is that the block and heads should be machined to match flat and I bet it would be good to go. Compression and crosshatching were still great when I had it apart. It just isn't a project that I have availability for in the near future. And it is way too nice of a truck to sit. An engine swap of a known good runner would get you going too, but I bet this engine is worth fixing to the right person.

I have a PILE of new and used IDI parts as well

Hard for me to price this since it is indeed a bummed engine but the truck still has a lot going for it and can drive itself onto a trailer.

Asking $6500. Deerfield WI. Three One Seven 691 Four Three Four Seven

Attachments

• IMG_2820.jpg
    IMG_2820.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2819.jpg
    IMG_2819.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2817.jpg