1994 idi turbo Tranny dipstick

Nick88745

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get a transmission dipstick for my 1994 f350 IDI turbo. I have been looking everywhere, and have not had any luck. It is a 4wd auto dually dump....I'm guessing it has an e40d.

Thank you

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be e40d same size everything .BTW what happened to yours .I swapped a buddy's to zf 5 speed thats why have it .

Nick88745

Reaction score
When I bought the truck the dipstick was broke about half was down.... no idea how this happened. The truck goes into the shop for maintenance every winter, and this was one of the things on the list to address this year. When I bought it I drained the tanny and added the correct amount of fluid to make sure the level was correct.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
don't hold me to this as i am going off of pics, but i think the psd stick is different.....the stick on my idi turbo comes up around the fuel filter and i just looked at a pic of a psd and it come up over the back of the pass side valve cover.

Nick88745

Reaction score
I am still in the hunt or an idi tranny dipstick for my tuck. I am OCD, and it bothers me mine is incorrect. Does anyone have an extra 6.0 power stroke one laying around, or know where I can get one for cheap. Hypermax told me you can modify the 6.0 dipstick to match the idi length. If anyone is going through a similar problem I can forward the email to you with the pictures comparing the powerstoke and idi dipsticks next to eachother alongside a tape measure.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for the tube or just the stick? I have a new tube for the IDI E4OD, thought I'd lost mine and bought a new tube, damn expensive, was $65 shipped, shipping was $17.

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parts guy and I pondered over this dilemma. My recall is he ordered the oldest psd/e4od tube that was available, possibly the '97
and I had no trouble using it on my '94 Factory turbo/e4od.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08