1993 W250 diesel, a few questions....

kentuckydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy I work for just bought one of these as a ranch truck.

How much vaccum does it need for the brake booster?

Does the sensor in the rear axle run the speedo , cruise, and ABS or just some of the three?

Are there any spesific things to watch in this 1st gen cummins truck?

Thanks, Phillip

Doggy Daddy

Reaction score
Phillip,
Sorry that nobody responded, I have been away for a while. I believe that the vacuum pump should be making at least 20" vacuum. I don't know how much it takes to turn the warning light off, but if the light is on then there is something wrong.

As I recall the rear axle sensor on that model is just for the ABS (although I would not swear to it) and that the speedo and cruise are operated by a sensor at the tailshaft of the t'case.

First gen trucks need to have the dowel pin secured. The 5 speeds are a little weak, make sure it stays full of oil. With the miles that it has I'd probably replace the fuel lift pump (unless it is obviously fairly new) as insurance against it leaking fuel into the crankcase or causing poor starting. Nothing else "common" comes to mind right away, they are pretty sturdy engines. The VE injection pump does not have the power or longevity potential of the P7100 but plenty of them run forever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online