1993 IDI Turbo install

TurboDan

Reaction score

TurboDan

Reaction score
I have a gimpy back so it's kind of slow going. The whole "bad back" thing is the reason I pulled the front end, I can't take leaning over a fender for very long at all anymore.

I'm going to simplify the dash board and all of the wiring behind the dash. The AC was long since dead and I don't daily drive the truck so I decided to remove the AC stuff from the engine compartment to give more room for future wrenching. I'm going to add an auxiliary heater in the cab in place of the factory HVAC stuff, which was all messed up to begin with.

I bought a GPS speedometer and some after market gauges. The OEM stuff was not working correctly.

Anyone here ever make a dash out of plywood? Have any pics or ideas you can share? I just need dead simple functional for the apocalypse truck.

I'll just take plain and simple that works so I can hand this truck down to my son when he's older...and if diesel isn't illegal by then maybe the grand kids.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I once hand made instrument surround panels out of walnut for a 1957 Jaguar race car replica. I suppose that doesn't help very much does it?

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I don't have any first hand experience with making one, but I remember seeing an 89' f350 with a plywood dash not to long ago on marketplace, doesn't look all that hard, but doesn't look all that good.

Rock

Cracker

Reaction score
I started a Hypermax Pulse w/intercooler install last week. Had previously installed a Baby Moose pump and Moose Mister.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online