1993 Ford F-Super Duty XLT - "Log Truck" (new to me truck-pic heavy)

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I've pulled many a tranny in my truck with two ratchet straps up over the frame tied to the nerf bars. Works better than you would think. I also am a fan of the floor jack with a board on it. I have a tranny adapter thing, but it sucks.

Good luck on the reinstall!
Jeremy

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my HF hybrid system.

You must be registered for see images attach

It works pretty well. Motorcycle lift gives you the extra height you need sometimes.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is big ORANGE tag?

it states (roughly) :
insure the bell housing is flush with block before tightening bolts to avoid splitting the case and torque bolts properly.

then in a different language under it,i presume it states the same thing again.

LEFT or drivers side core/freeze plug does not appear to have a nipple dimple as such likely a reman. You should be qble to feel a slight nipple outwards dead centre in dimple for stock plugs...aftermarket that I hqve seen do not have said nipples.

Cannot see right side plug...

Just wanted to add tidbit...feel for nipples in the dimples a d report back.

here is a pic of the pass side.i had to flake off the paint first.

You must be registered for see images attach

both freeze plugs are as smooth as a babies bottom.they are indented but there is no secondary dimple nor nipple in the center.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
today on the log truck show.............. it's time to update her audio system.

so iv had a new head unit and new speakers for a few months now but haven't had time to install them.so since log truck is currently home,she's down for repairs,parked in front of the garage and combined with the fact that the patriots don't play until tonight.....it was a recipe for a successful audio upgrade.so without further ado.....

ok so here on channel 444 you know how it works.i bring it to you fresh and current as always,so this just in from the last hour.

here is a head unit i originally bought for a past truck,years ago (1996 f-150) then i passed it down to chip truck before upgrading it's head unit,then finally into log truck.....the time has come however to ditch the old cd's and get a more modern system in here as well as ditch those 20+ yr old paper speakers!
this old head unit will still live on as i'll install it for my sister in her motor home.

attachment.php

here are the new goods to bring her tunes up into the modern age:
(oh.don't recognize that tan seat? i grabbed this off color super cab,split back,bench seat off CL a year or so ago,because the original gray was broken down and rode hard. a $40 special!)
attachment.php

so i rip both rear paper speakers out:
attachment.php

attachment.php

and in with the new 6x8's baby:
attachment.php

attachment.php

fit just like oem and look no different once installed.....but oh do they sure sound much nicer.;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    652.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
continuing on,as i install the front speaks and the head unit.

so i remove the door panel and rip out the old paper speakers.i dunno who remembers but once again you can see her original white color:
attachment.php

here are the new fronts:
attachment.php

installed with a couple self tappers with the cordless:
attachment.php

door panel back on,and repeat the process for the other side:
attachment.php

now it's time to drop in the new head unit
(don't mess with setting it up too much,as im just going to disconnect the battery again anyway,as her starter is still out)
and then it's time to crank up some DIO and test her out!:rock:

attachment.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1f1_R9hVpI

hope you guys enjoyed this Sundays episode.see ya again soon as her flexplate is in the mail.;Sweet

for those interested in details:
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SYPYKOU
(don't worry,you can change the color from pink/purple to something else lol and i dunno why it says "sd card" it's USB.)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A0LYU2S
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A0LYAU0

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 135
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    861.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    778.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice audio upgrades are always terrific.....cant wait do some in my rig...need sub n some door speakers some wiring and be golden!!!

That was a terrific upgrade...no idea if sounds better cause phone sound sucks

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks.i didn't record a clip anyway.that's just a youtube vid i posted for kicks and giggles.
it does sound far better.before it was like a tin can.now it's rich and full with some bass.
now i can toss the cds and toss a bazillion mp3's on a usb drive,hit the random button and be good for many miles.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
today on the log truck show...........log truck gets a replacement flexplate.

bringing to you as it's happening on channel 444;
new flexplate installed with bolts torqued to 47 ft lbs.
attachment.php

so when installing a flexplate,you cant install it wrong because there is one bolt hole that doesn't have threads.so you know to cover this one up with the only blocked off spot on the flexplate so the rest of the holes accept bolts.so you can't frig up the balance.

wow! within 5 mins i slid the trans back and got her lined right back up! never gotten so lucky before.usually im jacking,tipping,tilting,prying,kicking,screaming,shoving and pushing for a good half hour if not longer before she lines up.that was nice.
attachment.php

there's got to be a catch.what i did i forget? lol.
looking around.....sure enough.dammit! the filler tube is trapped up too high.luckily i was able to slide her back just enough (leaving the two converter nuts i just loosely placed) to pop it out and bring it down where it belongs and she went right back together without incident...phew.

here we go.i got her on the home stretch now.a couple converter nuts started.all but one bell housing bolt installed...where did the last one go anyway? oh well.installed the cross member completely after snapping this pic;
attachment.php

then came in for lunch.it's all downhill from here.iv done this so many times now,it's like cake.:D

more to come shortly on the log truck show......don't change that channel.:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    741.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 99

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this evening on log truck..........log truck get's put back together again.

so after lunch i continue on.now where did i place that last bell housing bolt? oh well......dropping a transmission is dirty work.dirty has no place when talking about electronic controls.so this is how i keep her connections clean during removal;
attachment.php

so after i hook up her connections and cooling lines,i finally replace those rounded off starter bolts.back when i first pulled this starter they were already rounded.you can only ask so much from a 6 point lol.
where the heck is that bell housing bolt!
attachment.php

so i use the 4 new converter nuts this time (though the ones i re-used last time,fortunately did remain tight) install the inspection cover,install her cross over pipe,make sure everything is snug up to this point.....still looking for that damn missing bell housing bolt.....
attachment.php

getting close now baby! just need to hook her drive shaft back up!......and find that gosh dang missing SOB bell housing bolt! where the heck did i put that? oh well.......so close now,i can taste it! i'll find that bolt when i back her up a bit..
attachment.php

attachment.php

it's that time again already! awesome! i can't wait to start her up and hope she sounds like brand new again!.......then back her up a little so i can find that frigging last bell housing bolt!!!!!!!
attachment.php

ok she's got enough fluid back in her again to run safely so moment of truth.time to glow them plugs and crank her over!
......clatter...clatter...clatter.....clatter......yeah baby! smooth diesel delight.:D

back her up a touch and look all over.....still no bell housing bolt! what the heck.come on man! oh well.iv got to pickup before dark cus the days are so short now.so i clean up and put away the tools and i look down into the bucket i drained the fluid into and remember......oh yeah,iv got to reach down in that slop because i dropped a 1/2 wrench back along.so i reach in and what do i find along with a 1/2 wrench? yeah! the missing bell housing bolt.so i toss that in to complete the project and log truck is back up and running again.took her for a mile spin down the road and she's just like new again.
i'll let the atf drain out of the tube and check the fluid tomorrow.i know she's close but it's just too tough to get it right on after getting the tube all wet filling her up again.feels like she might be a quart or two low still.bit late in the shifts.
anyway,that concludes this repair and this episode of the log truck show.hope you enjoyed.
until next time.;Sweet

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 94
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 95

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Log truck comes at a service station, owner jumps out and says to the service guy; fil the gearbox up, and check the fuel level please...:sly

Hmmm, that must be the cleanest gearbox I've ever seen, after all these flushes cookoo

And, how is she holding up for the moment?

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha yeah.she sure has had a quart or two of trans fluid run through her veins.she's running great.the new flexplate cured all that ailed her.i took her out on one last job a little bit ago to get a couple logs.
this time of year i park it.she wont hit the road again until spring but she's ready to roll.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online