1993 Ford F-Super Duty XLT - "Log Truck" (new to me truck-pic heavy)

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
new to me rig!this is not a replacement truck.my chip truck will always be my main/go to/multi purpose truck.below will be for hauling logs and or larger jobs to save fuel and time.

this is: "Log Truck" 1993 Ford F-Super Duty XLT

she's a long wheel based F-super Duty (f450) 2wd hd beast with XLT trim, a 16' stake body dump and some underbody boxes.another old school legendary 7.3l IDI with the E40D.another N/A engine,but with her 5.13 gearing she'll do just fine as is.it's like she gets up to 25mph and she's all done shifting lol! very solid truck! surface rust only.never run winters.189k miles.properly maintained w/ sca's.
she pulls and runs real strong and i got her for a song.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    766 KB · Views: 135
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    812.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    708.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 109
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 272
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 116

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score

couple with the engine bay degreased and a coat of insulation to clean up over the ripped oem stuff.
two new bats and new cables being installed right now along with fuel pump removed,blocked off,and dura lift e-pump install.
cowl seal is poor.i dunno if she leaks yet but it's all cracked.new one just arrived.not sure.......oh yeah,a coolant filter but i think that's likely about it for under hood mods on this one.trip gauges,some new clear headlights,a fresh coat of tu-tone (colors undecided) a lift gate,hydraulic winch are the main plans.

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    709.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    630.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. Looks like a real solid truck. Good luck with it!

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is a nice truck. looks exactly like one for sale around me. if i had a use for it, i would pick it up. hope this one works out good for you.

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
It doesn't get any better for a small truck to make money than that. That will make you just as much cash as the 50 grand 2013 will.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It doesn't get any better for a small truck to make money than that. That will make you just as much cash as the 50 grand 2013 will.

Here we go again.....

I'm just surprised the jack and stuff is still there.
I like that seat.
Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah she is really clean.im kinda bummed it's winter cus im anxious to spray some primer and black paint on the frame and underbody and the whole dump bed.i bet that alone would make the thing look new.the cab needs some body work but just dents.no rust repair to do anywhere on the thing.going to be fun to clean and set this thing up.iv got a lot of stuff ordered so i'll keep the pics coming for ya.
driving it,the thing felt like an old c6 trans with them 5.13 tow gears.felt like i went back in time or something lol.
she just needs to put along around 45-50mph though,so she'll do just fine.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a nice clean rig. Sure is easy to reach any of the fuel tank senders too. nothing easier that a lift bed rig for getting at the tank senders...:thumbsup:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
new batteries,new battery cables,mechanical pump delete,dura lift e-pump and coolant filtration.
she starts like a new one now.

look at that paint eaten away from the valve cover on this side.this was due to the fuel heater port leaking.the heater didn't work (i didn't feel it getting warm at all) but they had the wire still plugged in so it was smoking! good thing it wasn't gas,she would have probably burned down.:D

Attachments

• 6coolant filter2.jpg
    6coolant filter2.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 125
  • 5coolant filter1.jpg
    5coolant filter1.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    649.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 115

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ well no leaks with the coolant filtration so then;
rear diff flush.......oh man.stinky.i wonder if it's ever been changed.looks like it cus two bolts were replacements with washers (nothing stripped out though) but i bet it's been awhile.bottle of the stuff going in.

chip truck has work duty out back putting wood in.had to snap a pic,just cus she's so ****.:love:
i think i found the color combo i'll be going with for log truck.another mini cooper color lol! well,i can't help it.the new mini's just have great colors.
not their British racing green metallic like i had put on chip truck,but it's called hot chocolate metallic (color code a88.)
i'll go tu-tone with her as well.black center again i think,but i dunno about the pin stripe color yet.

here. i'll toss a pic of the color in (i know lmao,just try and pic the color best ya can on the truck,though its on such a odd ball little car.)
another **** color right? :love:

Attachments

• sm4mxs.jpg
    sm4mxs.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 65
  • dec 3 2013_1.jpg
    dec 3 2013_1.jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 95
  • diff flush.jpg
    diff flush.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 91

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so while waiting for the ultra black rtv to setup before fully snugging up the bolts on the rear diff,i then went onto testing the glow plug system.i found a dead gp and gently began to loosen all of them (for replacement all at once.)
all of then (motorcraft/beru) came out with ease............hold the phone....except for one.it just don't want to start and it just started to feel..........uh oh!! you know,like it was just about to start twisting it's body rather than start turning in the threads.
i stopped immediately and iv got her soaking in pb blaster.hopefully that penetrates and frees up the threads tomorrow.then once the plugs are all back in,i can finish my entire gp system diagnosis test run through.all systems go thus far minus time for a set of plugs.
id set the victor wrench down in there and glow that gp from the outside in,but in not that bold.think i'll just see what the juice does first lol.

thus far;

@ 189,000 miles (mid Nov of 2013) vehicle purchased/before driven :
heavy duty diesel electric fuel pump for thermo king and carrier trucks.carrier transicold #30-01108-02SV
11 quarts of Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 Oil w/ Mobil 1 M1-601
Synthetic Fiber Extended Oil Filter @189k
brake fluid flush w/Valvoline dot 3 and 4 synthetic
ripped out the factory cassette and installed the old pioneer cd i had
previously in two past 9th gen trucks now lol!
degrease engine
installed ez cool insulation under hood
heavy duty interior wash,vac & shampoo
duralast door jamb switch #SW1342
new wiper blades
washer fluid elbow dorman HELP! #47092 says for vac,but it should be fine for washer fluid too.i hope :)
two new batteries - duralast gold 1000ca/850cca/150rca #65-DLG
new negative and positive battery cables with all contact points cleaned and polished.
same custom setup with marine style battery terminals like i did to my other truck.
new fuel filter.purolator #f54692
new hood/cowl seal #AM-48258289
door strikers adjusted
coolant filter
entire glow plug system tested (almost.set of 8 beru's on the way,then i can run through the rest of the system)
gp controller ground bolt removed,wire wheeled,greased and reinstalled
rear diff flush (just need to fill her up tomorrow)

plenty more to do.don't change that channel.log truck will be back after this.:D

Last edited: