1993 f250 7.3 IDI new tranny/hard shifts

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only driven a E4OD once, and that was in a powerstroke. But will it actually kickdown going 60 mph?

I will tell you a non-turbo truck is slow. Mine runs good, but it's slow. Especially when they are empty, you really wonder about them. But when you are pulling a load, and it acts the same as it did empty, that's when you know you do have some power. A load will really sap a gas powered truck, but it will be somewhat less with the diesel. It's just slow all time.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Not bashing the OP but it's either a Transmission/Trans
Or in your case E4OD nothing worse than a Guy that's always talking about His Tranny :puke:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When you touch the brakes and cause the brake lights to come on that sends a message to the torque converter to unlock. If that did not happen your engine dies when you come to a stop same as a standard trans rig if you do not push in the clutch. Drive about 45 mph and slightly apply the brakes till you feel the converter unlock. The rpm will jump up about 200 rpm. Now as your driving around 45 mph let off the throttle. See the rpm drop to near idle speed. Now slightly apply the throttle till you see the rpm climp back to what it takes to maintain speed. That too is normal E4OD operation. I have not seen anything posted here about the tps or its setting. Has this been replaced or adjusted.

InnovativeAV

Reaction score
So I talked to the transmission shop today they said that the idol is set at .9 on the FIPL sensor. And I had them replace that sensor I bought a brand-new one and took it to them and they put the new one on. I ordered a new fuel filter from Ford I should have that tomorrow I will change that out I think that might have to do with some of the power I've changed everything else on the truck except for that I was just a little nervous because I wanted to make sure I didn't get any air in the system. The transmission still shifts hard and basically the shop said that if it's in my computer and whatever diagnostic they have to do to trace it down because they believe it's electrical now basically will cost $80 an hour so I will be back under my own truck with my own time because I don't think there's too many paths that that takes. Plus once I get my own multi meter on that sensor I can read exactly where it is at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InnovativeAV

Reaction score
So I adjusted the FIPL sensor to 1.1 at idle. They had it at .9 from the transmission shop. What is the difference I'm looking for when I adjusted either way?

InnovativeAV

Reaction score
Although I am only getting 3.6 to 3.9 on WOT. if I let the cable contact for throttle stuck wide-open. Maybe I need a new throttle cable?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are you getting for codes now? whats your definition of shifting hard? did they install a shift kit during the reman? is the od light flashing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online