1988 f-250 core support

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Core support for the diesel tall radiator is a special one-off. And you have to stick with the year spread. In other words, a diesel support for a 1986-dwn will not fit your 1988. When did they change the frontend, 1993? Whenever they did, those diesel supports won't work either. Unless you want to mix and match and weld one together from parts to try and repair one you have.

They never put diesels in a f150, so no they won't fit.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one for my truck year but for a gas engine. Then drilled spot welds to remove both bottom hoops and welded my old hoop onto the new core support. The best solution is to find a good factory original, however what I did wasn't too difficult.

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya my core is destroyed on this truck I’m building and I found a half ton with good sheet metal I was gonna buy to fix this truck up so I how’s hoping I could use the core support out of it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'll have to look at it to see what kind of shape it's in, but I may have one that I'd let go of. How soon are you wanting it? It could possibly be delivered in July.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have one brand new in the box from LMC. The shipping is expensive cause it's so big. 55lbs 87-91 f250 w/no air