1986 F350 6.9 w hypermax

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
1986 f350, cab and chassis with a iron and wood flat bed. 6.9 idi t19 2wd truck it runs and drives. has 124k with all service records. Have title. smokes on start up.

I bought it and never registered it although i have driven with it around locally hauling firewood down the street. Its road worthy, may need new belts at some point

PICTURES!
http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/ryandamoo/1986/

bed is rusting out in some spots, i was going to reinforce it with wood or weld a few pieces of angle iron, it hauled a load of firewood down the street a few months ago so not too concerned.

motor fires right up, has a brand new carrier electric lift pump.

heres a list of what i have done in the past year:

New engine valley pan
new return lines, tees and orings,
valve cover gaskets
all new rubber brake lines+ pads + calipers+ rear drum hardware
rear axle shaft seals
3.5 stock exhaust off of a 1995 powerstroke
all coolant hoses replaced, system flushed, additives brought up to spec
added banks intake lid with an oversized paper element(lid came with k&n)
Converted fuel filter over to 7.3 filter with screw on bottom
8 new beru glowplug with push button switch

Interior
painted all interior panels blue, came out awsome
white gauges

I purchased a hypermax kit from the junkyard over the summer, it wa out of an 87 350 2wd with a c6. i had to make a small dent in one of the pipes to make it work but its in. hooked everything up and the turbo appears to have a slight oil seal leak on the turbine side, no rubbing of the wheels and housing or leaks on compressor side. hypermax quoted 125 for rebuild kit.
It will moove in its current state but is leaking oil out of the exhaust housing and will need to be adressed before taken out on the road. came with the hypermax boost gauge/pyro but unfortunately the leads for the pyro were cut and i could not find a bung in any of the pipes.

Has 0 miles with turbo install and have a few people interested in turbo if buyer does not want it on truck.(will lower price)

here is the parts it comes with:
8 injectors from junkyard with unknown mileage out of turboed 87 6.9
2 or 3 complete sets of injector lines
1 used working 6.9 vacuum pump
1 used 6.9 alternator
1 new 7.3 alternator with external regulator
few used cdr valves
stock intake lid
trip odometer
tach
polurethane axle pivot bushings
poly radius arm bushings
2 inch leveling kit
chrome headlight bezels
black headlight bezels
black grill guard
Lund Visor(needs to be painted to match)

other random parts i forgot

I feel that with all the parts and the truck $2000 obo. If you want any of the parts above, run an offer by me. Need room make me an offer

MAY BE INTERESTED IN TRADES FOR exmark turf tracer or rear tine tiller, leaf loader , feel free to run anything by me

Last edited:

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
still for sale! guy locally is interested in turbo if someone is interested in the truck n/a, make me an offer

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
will sell it f0r 1300 cash with turbo if someone picks it up by end of next weekend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828