1969 F-250 7.3l IDI swap

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished the plates that bolt to the motor mounts. And the plates that bolt to the frame are already on it all I have to do tonight is set it in place and tack the risers which are going to be 1 1/2" square tube with 1/8" walls. The mounts will either be done tonight or we will be so drunk that it will be best if we didn't finish them. Here is what I have a pic of so far
You must be registered for see images attach

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motor is in finally just the little stuff now. No body lift needed and no cutting the pan with no contact with the oil pan.The starter will be a mother ****er but oh well lol.

Last edited:

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only clearance issue is at the firewall side of the trans tunnel opening and just have to bend it up a little and modify the pan that bolts on there

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another update I needed to make the floor pan over the tranny taller so I took it with me to work. I cut the front and two sides. at 13" from the rear of the cover it needed to be 4 1/2" tall, so I bent it up and cut some plates.

Then so there wasn't a monster gap up front I notched the top where the bends are to bend the front of it down.

After that I finished covering up the opening and cut one for the shifter. when we installed the tranny we had to bend where the front of this pan is so cut out where the bent cab floor goes.

And here it is all painted and ready to install.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hope those engine mounts work for you.
looks sketchy IMO.
i would add some gussets to the box tubing.

good to see progress.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The box tubing will be plenty strong. They are 1 1/2" and each side has 2. The side the motor will push on has the one angled to the frame and one straight down to the cross member.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She started right up like after changing the fuel filter with no glow plugs used as soon as slow @$$ YouTube uploads it then I will post the video.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That video is all it is getting ran until the radiator is installed. Didn't want to put the whole front end together only to find out I messed something up during the rebuild lol.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the old rusty core support back on and the radiator,fan, and alternator so It could run longer. The injectors were pop tested and cleaned and the ip is a rebuilt unit direct from stanadyne. It has a miss every once in awhile once warm any thoughts? And before it is warm it is more frequent. I can post a video when I get home and try and catch it.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a very productive evening took out the 69s factory brake pedal assembly. Took the pivot pin out and welded on a clutch pedal from an 87 then welded the lever that pushes the clutch master on the out side of it. The center of the clutch master will be 5" to the left side of the brake master, and down about 1/2" from that putting it right by the supports and inner fender. Don't have the holes drilled yet for that some one turned off the sun. Here is the one pic I have I have to grind it down to make it look purdy. I had to cut out the bend in the pedal flip it and shorten it by about an inch. The pedal arm will be a little thicker where I had to put it back together since I didn't want to but weld it so I lap welded it this is a bad pic the pedal looks crooked it's not.