12v plug

Vern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my plugs with Autolite 1108s. I hadn't realized these were 6v plugs when I decided to wire them up direct to the solenoid. Has anyone put another plug in to run this way and what did you use for a GP?

Also, I noticed two of the plugs did not seat as deeply as the others (second from the back on either side). Suppose there's carbon buildup? Is it to be expected they would seat differently? Thanks in advance

Black dawg

Reaction score
You are going to have poor results with that plug.....especially with manual control.

If you want to stay with the pushbutton, A very good plug is the bosch 80034.

Otherwise for best results, beru/motorcraft plugs and a functioning controller.

Vern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks... what is it about the bosch? To not cook autolites I do on/off/on/off regiment but would like to find a proper 12v plug

Black dawg

Reaction score
with the bosch that I listed hooked directly to a battery, The battery will go dead before the glow plug does. If you decide to do the same test with the autolite, wear protective gear (eyes) and stand back......it wont take long. Not all autolites are bad......that one however is really bad.

There are several 12v self limiting plugs out there, but the bosch heats slightly quicker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7