Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ack, HAIR!

Tell her to pull her hair back while running lil sparky. Or it'll be the last time she helps you with the truck and that would be sad. :-(

I've had some experience with grinders and loose items. They will, um..... grab your attention.

You have one of the good ones too. My wife installed the ZF5 on my Cummins swap. :) Ok, the tranny was set and she just pushed it together, but still she was helping! She loves tools, but I have to be careful with her. One time she she felt comfortable enough with the tools to open a wall and tried to move an outlet on her own. It all went well until she cut into a live run. Ruined a good pair of lineman's pliers and taught her a lesson. All in about .5 milliseconds!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Ack, HAIR!

Tell her to pull her hair back while running lil sparky. Or it'll be the last time she helps you with the truck and that would be sad. :-(

I've had some experience with grinders and loose items. They will, um..... grab your attention.

You have one of the good ones too. My wife installed the ZF5 on my Cummins swap. :) Ok, the tranny was set and she just pushed it together, but still she was helping! She loves tools, but I have to be careful with her. One time she she felt comfortable enough with the tools to open a wall and tried to move an outlet on her own. It all went well until she cut into a live run. Ruined a good pair of lineman's pliers and taught her a lesson. All in about .5 milliseconds!
I wanted to mention, I actually stopped her right after the picture was taken and had her pull her hair back. I just caught her in the moment.

More progress to, I broke down some of the drive shafts for an adapter shaft from the transmission to the transfer case.

You must be registered for see images attach

The medium duty transmission is beefy compared to the 1350 yoke.

Did an initial set up and set the drive shaft to about .005" run out. I could not seem to get the run out tighter. I did some comparison to the factory welded yoke side it it had about .030" or so run out so I hope I am good.

We will see.

Welded up tight now. I still need to clean it up and paint it. Another check mark done.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
As a side note the last 3 u joints I went to press out did not pop loose. I could not press the joint down far enough to pop the cap off the end. I had to ruin the caps or u joint by cutting it apart. That's kinda annoying, I don't remember having this problem with other joints in the past.

How I saved the last u joint lol, I am chucking the flange so no big deal.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The medium duty transmission is beefy compared to the 1350 yoke.

Is that a 1500 series u-joint?

One of the Brownies I have has 1500 series joints. They are BEEFY.

Last edited:

subway

Reaction score
They are 5 inches wide with 1 3/8 caps. Looks like a 1550 series joint. Let me know I have more lying around if you need them.

subway

Reaction score
I do have another option if the large joint does not seem to work. I called in a favor with a machinist friend for an adapter before I figured I could combine some shafts to tie things together.

It would use the bolts on the output yoke to fit the adapter. Not sure if I like all the bolts in shear force even though my calculations show they should be ok.

Anyway I started in on the hydro boost set up.

I would probably have got it mounted in tonight if my poor Dremel had not given up the ghost. The cab openings need some clearance. Back to hand filing tomorrow.

Last edited:

subway

Reaction score
Side tracking the brakes for now I started back in on the core support to get the front end back on.

Both sides looked like that. It didn't rust through but was in rough shape. So my dad and I cut out some 1/8 metal and started reinforcement.

people will not mistakenly think I am a body man for sure but it is solid, much thicker than factory and is hidden for the most part.

subway

Reaction score
I also took care of some floor repair. Someone before me put in some bronco seats and did not reinforce the floor. I now have this on both sides.

Again no one will confuse my work with a true body man but it is solid again. My welder is not really set up for this either with .035 flux core.

subway

Reaction score
My friend is bringing down a F450 hydro boost set up tomorrow so hopefully I can get that wrapped back up.

Sorry for the not so great pictures but some of them are taken after dark with a led work light in the background.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
nice work on the core support. The floor patches look great! Welding metal that thin with flux is really tough, looks like you got it done nicely..

subway

Reaction score
Thanks! Some more progress today. I patched up the other side of the cab.

My friend also stopped down with a spare hydroboost from a F450 he had around. Thanks Alex ******!

So I got to work modifying the pedal. I ground and pounded out the old pin. Then drilled a hole 3/4 of an inch up and welded the pin back in place.

someone must have updated to a larger master cylinder previously since it bolted right on and matched the old master that was attached to the hydroboost. Several people have commented on how good my brakes felt before but I never thought a whole lot about it. I suppose that was part of it.

Everything lined up well and both my pedals are even so I guess I measured right LOL

subway

Reaction score
Alex also dropped off an upgrade he had lying around.

It is a turbo off a dt466, I will have to look up the specs but it looks like it will bolt right in and has a larger impeller on the cold side at least.

Got a few more odds and ends and set the hood back on. It might not be a big deal to most but it feels good to have a hood back over my engine bay and toss the old blue tarp!

Starting to look like a truck again.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good, Jared. ;Sweet

I forget and don't want to read all the way through your thread; what did you do for injection pump and injectors?