Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Back at it again after I did some spring cleaning. Since the oil dip stick tub was running right into my hydroboost/power steering lines I needed to straighten it out a little.

You must be registered for see images attach

After that I tried putting my slave cylinder mount back in. We'll one step forward and two back sometimes. The gussets I added where right in the way so they needed cut back out.

Painted back up and now fully installed. I know the slave cylinder is upside down but without a lot more work I think it will be just fine. It will just make it harder to bleed if I need to change it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
Next I did some work to get the throttle hooked up. At Witmers enterprise we spare no expenses with our prototypes.

It took some tweaking with the compound angles but I got it.

It's hard to see but it's in and working good.

Now all three of my pedals are working!

subway

Reaction score
Catching up from a good day yesterday. I got the hydroboost all plumbed in. I had some extra hydraulic hose in my garage so I took that in and had a new end crimped on for 7 dollars. This allowed me to put a compression collar on the factory line to tie it all together. I wanted to crimp directly onto the factory line but they did not want to do that saying they thought it would leak.....either way it should work now.

You can see where I cut the factory line to tie it in at the right angle. It seems to fit in well overall.

This is what it looks like on the pump side on the other side of the engine.

subway

Reaction score
After that I ran all the low pressure return lines and plumbed in a remote reservoir. Heck the low pressure lines and a couple of fittings added up to about 40 to 50 dollars.

I am waiting to have more in place before I hard mount the reservoir in its placement but the system is sealed and I started adding fluid!

subway

Reaction score
I then set the fuel filter up on my fender well with a custom bracket. Original it was mounted on the engine but there was now way it could stay in that position with the cross member in the way.

Now the filter is up out of the way and easy to change. Man I sure love the little pump they put on this engine. Give a few pumps to a little plunger pump and it purges all the air out of the fuel lines. No more hard cranking! Fuel system is plumbed up, another check off the list.

subway

Reaction score
I also knocked out some other things like pulling out extra wiring and running the wires back through the core support and plugging everything back in. Nothing big but I put a new set of horns in lol

I also bolted my inner fenders back up tight and just started wrapping up little things like that and changing out engine sensors.

subway

Reaction score
Next I clocked the turbo snail to work with my intercooler. I clocked the pressure side downward and put a piece of pipe in to test fit. Everything looks like it will work well and give me some straight shots into the intercooler. Passenger side

Drivers side

subway

Reaction score
Next I mounted up the alternator. I hope this thing works, the nut for the main power feed would not come off and it was spinning internally. I actually had to take the alternator all apart to get the nut off the stud and re assemble it. Besides that it went in smooth with my modified mount and plugged right into the factory harness.

Got another full day to dedicate to this. I am hoping to get the modified radiator mounting and drive shafts knocked off my list at least. It's getting so close I am getting excited.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to see this thing all done, its looking good. ;Sweet

what kind of power numbers are you expecting to have.

subway

Reaction score
I cant wait to see this thing all done, its looking good. ;Sweet

what kind of power numbers are you expecting to have.
Right now I will probably be running close to stock power numbers. I plan on turning up the pump and squeezing what I can out but will probably have to build my pump and up my turbo to get where I want to go. I would love to get it somewhere in the 4 to 500 range but just want to get it together at this point.

subway

Reaction score

Got a new coolant filter and found the warning amusing.

Got more progress today, not as much to show but I cleaned up more wiring and have several of the gages hooked up now. I also ran the heater lines an re routed my hydroboost lines. I was dipping them under the engine but that didn't sit real well so I ended up looping them behind and around the engine.

I did end up having to remake my lower water outlet. I had to tighten it up with a 90.

I also found a hose that I believe i can make work if I cut it up a bit.

subway

Reaction score
I mounted up my condenser and trial fit my radiator in. The clearance looks just fine for the lower pulley and new water outlet the water pump will need some work though. I can't even fit it in at this point.

To make the water pump work I had to trim off the threaded shaft. To make up for this I drilled a hole through the collar and shaft together and pressed a pin through them both.

This shortened up my water pump almost 2 inches and while still tight should assemble fine.

I also changed out the passenger side window my son "opened up" for me LOL it was not to bad I found one at the yard today for 20.

I am really hoping to finish plumbing the radiator and test fire the engine tomorrow!

subway

Reaction score

Something else I almost forgot. I had to add another timing mark for the engine. I had to cut off the old one since it would be behind this balancer and it was in the wrong location. I had to make up another pin, drill the front cover and press the new pin in. I almost forgot to knock this out before I put the radiator in.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To make the water pump work I had to trim off the threaded shaft. To make up for this I drilled a hole through the collar and shaft together and pressed a pin through them both.

Was this picture taken after you drilled the hole and installed the pin but before you cut off the nut and threaded end of the shaft?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin