Have DT360, looking for best pickup truck fit

alfio

Reaction score
hello all,

I have a good running DT360 (or, to be more accurate, an International DTA360). I'm looking for a one ton platform to put it in. Looking for a dually setup to match the DT with. I do prefer a manual transmission and need at least an extra cab.

The engine I have has a Spicer 5 speed with it but I'd like to try to stuff it into a truck that already has a 5 speed setup in it. I know enough to know that input shafts and bellhousings can sometimes create hurdles. If I had to I guess I could live with the Spicer but as it doesn't have an overdrive, that's prob not ideal.

I've had an F450 with the ZF6. That setup would prob be fine (minus some of the problematic Ford wiring) so that's on the list. What else should I be looking at? I'm not brand limited.

I realize I'm doing this a little backwards in some regard but it's just how things have rolled out this time. Thanks all

A.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more than one person has put them in fords. If you look in the diesel conversion forum user subway has a detailed thread

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup Jared has a DT360 with a medium duty OD six speed trans in his F350.

It is freaking awesome!!!

Heath

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
IMHO, 99+ F450 seems like a good candidate for the xcab, engine space, and regearing (Dana 80). Same era f350 C&C would be the same aside from lower gvwr.

alfio

Reaction score
Leaning towards a bricknose or an OBS but unsure. I've had an NBS F450 and that would have been perfect for the swap except for the Titanic-like turning radius. Still looking though.

A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86