Looking for a rust bucket IDI truck

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a 7.3 IDI truck. I need a title, a good frame, and would like a ten foot wheel base. I don't actually need anything else.

I would rather not pay for a good body because the whole point of this is to use a body I already have. I have a 76 Mercury Montego wagon. CA is requiring me to maintain a smog system that does not have parts available. CA will not allow me to put a diesel in it. But I can customize a truck any way I want.

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have apparently been too busy to think. We have my 63 F100 stripped to the shell. We have been to car shows the last two weekends. Hot Rod Power Tour is coming up. And I seem to had forgotten there is an 89 E350 in my back yard. It is what I bought for it's 7.3 IDI for my 84 E350. It is titled and non-op. It is 2.5 feet too long. But I have TIG, MIG and gas.

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vermont does mail in titling, no need to be a resident. Can use a CA address and info, they'll mail plates straight to your house. Give them a bill of sale and write $500 for the value (the minimum), pay your $106, and done.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bulletpruf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vermont does mail in titling, no need to be a resident. Can use a CA address and info, they'll mail plates straight to your house. Give them a bill of sale and write $500 for the value (the minimum), pay your $106, and done.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've done that before -- my '69 Bronco is registered in Vermont, and since they don't issue titles for older vehicles, the registration functions as my title, too. I just need to get a Texas title for it one of these days.

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found an engine near home. It is a 93, is serpentine, and seems to have all the accessory brackets, and a flexplate and block/trans spacer.

Last edited:

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
There's some guys in Idaho and north Washington that have used engines they're parting with for about $900-$1000, I've been keeping an eye out for a cheaper used idi for quite some time in the PDX area.