Looking for insight

Ohiogoldfever

Reaction score
I’ve recently picked up a 92 F250. She got pretty high miles so I’ll be shopping for some interior parts, cluster, switches, dash pad along side the mechanical stuff I’ll be updating or repairing.

Any of you guys have a go to for Ford parts?

I’ve recently rebuilt a 84 Scottsdale and found a local place to buy parts that saved me a mint over the LMC and Classic Industries route. That’s the main reason I ask. Hoping someone can point me to the best place before I shell out more than needed with the big places.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Usually I keep an eye out at wrecking yards or local classifieds, there's always people scrapping out these trucks, and everything is interchangeable, even the cluster to an extent. Tach is different, and depending on year oil pressure gauge is different, but you can change sections in the cluster independently from each other.

Ohiogoldfever

Reaction score
Usually I keep an eye out at wrecking yards or local classifieds, there's always people scrapping out these trucks, and everything is interchangeable, even the cluster to an extent. Tach is different, and depending on year oil pressure gauge is different, but you can change sections in the cluster independently from each other.
Thanks Nero, I had thought about contacting the wreaker.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find a LOT of used parts on car-part.com and have noticed a lot of salvage yards use eBay as well. Every vehicle I have is old and parts so hard to find.
Sometimes I join that specific model classified group on Facebook and watch for part outs. People on West Coast and southern Midwest part out super clean and rust free vehicles. Breaks my northeast heart

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
People on West Coast and southern Midwest part out super clean and rust free vehicles. Breaks my northeast heart
Along those lines, last week I had a guy tell me how much rust my truck has. Of course he was a truck driver from Texas so it looks like a lot. I told him that trucks 20 years newer around here have the same amount or more rust than mine does. He did agree on that. Overall, I don't think it's too bad with trucks that much newer having more rust on them.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm by interstate 78 and I get some hot shot truck work. I was working on one and it had 450k miles AND NO RUST!!! He said he mainly does Florida to Texas and won't come up here in winter haha. You could have used hand tools on everything down there with no fear of snapped or rusted/rounded off bolts

The interior, however, looked and smelled like someone had been basically living in it for 450k miles hahaha

Ohiogoldfever

Reaction score
The 93 I just picked up only has a small bit of bubbling on the cab corners. The whole underside is rust free with exception of a little light oxide around the seat bolts. It came from California. Smells like communism and air fresheners inside. It’s a good builder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online